New Drip Machine Suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Drip Machine Suggestions?

My old (and faithful) Krupps has died and it seems this is not an Australian model (I bought it in HK). I am looking for a replacement with a few more options like a timer and combo grinder. Friend from Japan recommended the Cuisinart but this looks like a US/110v only model as well.

I visited a few places locally like the Good Guys, Bing Lee and Bunnings but they had predominately capsule type espresso machines with only 1 or no example in the drip-machine line. So I am looking for recommendations from anyone who cares to share an opinion. If I can buy it online that would be even better.

Thanks in advance.

How about the Behmor Brazen which is available on Coffee Snobs' website? I'm saving up for one as I predominantly drink brewed/pour over coffee.

Comment

The most highly recommended drip brewer around here would be the Behmor Brazen Plus. It has no built-in grinder but it has everything else including brewing temperature and bloom time adjustments.

Java "Awesome machine!" phile
      Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sprezzatura View Post
        How about the Behmor Brazen which is available on Coffee Snobs' website? I'm saving up for one as I predominantly drink brewed/pour over coffee.
        Beat me by this much!

Java "" phile

Comment

This looks great - pour over drip machine sounds perfect. Thank you.

Comment

I can hardly wait to get one myself!

Comment

Wife got me one for our wedding anniversary - thumbs up from me! Thanks everyone for your suggestion.

Comment

The first thing you need to do is to learn how to set the timer (easy).

I wake-up to the smell of fresh coffee in the Brazen every morning... stagger down the stairs, follow my nose, pour a cup and enjoy. Then do the normal morning rituals but always walk out the door with the second cup poured into my travel mug.

Great way to start the day.

Comment

Have to agree with Andy and everyone else here who have said the Brazen. Easy to use, easy to set and mainly it brews/produces a better cup of coffee than any other drip. I have had over 10 different drippers in my time. Yes some make more at once and others might be cheaper. However you cant go wrong with the Brazen.

Comment

+1 for the Brazen. It one the 2016 MICE Innovation Award for good reason. When you look at what it's does you will see that it's excellent value.
                    Cheers - Paul

Comment

New Drip Machine Suggestions?

I've been enjoying Brazen coffee for the past week while visiting my brother in WA. Very keen to get one after this experience.

One thing my brother mentioned was the original lid smelled a bit like "petrochemical death" when it heated up. His words... :-)

He's replaced his with a substitute silicone lid and is happy.

Anyone else with smelly lid brewers?

Comment

I have been using two since Andy made them available and have only ever experienced caffeinated heaven in the cup.

Comment

I've got a very sensitive nose and have never noticed any such smell on mine.

Java "Nosy what?" phile

Comment

How do they go making 2 cups, say 4-500ml rather than the full 1200?
                            Would the 35g of grounds cover the bottom of the basket?

Comment

I regularly do batches with 600ml of water and 33g of grounds using a paper filter and it works fine.

Java "Half-pot" phile

Comment

Working...
                              X