Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should the Brazen remember the time?

Hi,

I've been using my Brazen for close to 6 months, and it just dawned on me that it doesn't remember the time when disconnected from power and the reconnected, however it does remember the Auto time setting for when to come on, is this correct, or should it also remember the time?

Cheers,
    Paul

Tis about the only thing I don't like about the Brazen.

I was told in the prototype stage that adding a battery to remember the time would then give grief at some point in the future when the battery died and the brewer had to be opened to change a battery.

In the USA many power points don't have a switch, so they don't notice as much.

So... don't stress, your brewer is working as it should.

Comment

Thanks Andy.

The thing that threw me is that it remembers the time for the Auto function, so there is a battery in there somewhere.

Cheers Paul

Comment

Originally posted by paulau View Post
        Thanks Andy.

The thing that threw me is that it remembers the time for the Auto function, so there is a battery in there somewhere.

Cheers Paul
        Uuuummmm......No. Just as while the BIOS in your computer needs a battery to remember the time/date, it does not require a battery to retain its core settings. It's called non-volatile memory.

Java "Remember what?" phile
        Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Working...
        X