Some things just don't make sense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some things just don't make sense

As some of you may have seen in other threads recently I picked up a little old Bialetti espresso machine just before Christmas, mostly to use at work. I gave it a good clean and it tested ok. Since then I've modified it slightly by replacing the terrible (and broken) panarello style steam wand with one off a V1 Silvia. I've also replaced the old aluminium PF with a stainless Presso one that fit nicely once the lugs were filed down. As you can see below I'm now using it at work with a crappy old modified Isomac grinder that I got for $20 and getting some pretty outstanding results.

https://vimeo.com/162235774

This was an espresso I made this arvo with some Congo SOPACDI beans I recently roasted at home on my Behmor. No, it wasn't as nice as what I made at home with my Compak K8 and Brugnetti Simona Top DE, but it was still damn good.

Man wish I had something like this in the forest, but I just don't think my guys would appreciate good coffee like I do

Comment

Some things just don't make sense

Originally posted by Logga View Post
      Man wish I had something like this in the forest, but I just don't think my guys would appreciate good coffee like I do
      Aahhh, so your user name is obviously your profession Logga. Yeah I'm guessing you'd get some sideways looks (and probably no shortage of comments*) if you set up an espresso machine in the portacom.

* Probably along the lines of - "go back to Dorkland ya latte drinking JAFA!!" - but less polite, and using more colourful language. LOL

Comment

Cowboy coffee would be an option...

Mal.

Comment

Originally posted by LeroyC View Post
          Aahhh, so your user name is obviously your profession Logga. Yeah I'm guessing you'd get some sideways looks (and probably no shortage of comments*) if you set up an espresso machine in the portacom.

* Probably along the lines of - "go back to Dorkland ya latte drinking JAFA!!" - but less polite, and using more colourful language. LOL
          Yeah you're right there, I use to talk about espresso with them until I saw there eyes glazed over and they would be thinking "what the...." So I don't bother now, long as I'm drinking good espresso.

Comment

Originally posted by Logga View Post
            Yeah you're right there, I use to talk about espresso with them until I saw there eyes glazed over and they would be thinking "what the...." So I don't bother now, long as I'm drinking good espresso.
            Haha! Yeah I can imagine. Ah well, as long as you've got yourself covered the boys can drink all the International Roast they like.

Comment

Had yet another beautiful naked PF extraction from this little machine this morning. It produced this very tasty ristretto.

Comment

Getting better with the milk texturing technique on this machine now. Here's a mocha I made for a workmate the other day:

Comment

Originally posted by LeroyC View Post
                  Getting better with the milk texturing technique on this machine now. Here's a mocha I made for a workmate the other day:

Gees looking good, I hope your workmates appreciate that nice looking coffee.

Comment

That was an awesome find.... EBay discovery or other? I've got a nice lever machine I use for my daily drop, but was thinking of getting a older good machine which needs a bit of cosmetic loving (and a normal size pf). But any expenditure normally has to get the "bosses" approval

Comment

Originally posted by 3rutu5 View Post
                      That was an awesome find.... EBay discovery or other? I've got a nice lever machine I use for my daily drop, but was thinking of getting a older good machine which needs a bit of cosmetic loving (and a normal size pf). But any expenditure normally has to get the "bosses" approval
                      Yeah got it on Trade Me here in NZ (our eBay alternative). I'm pretty stoked with it for sure.

Comment

Picked up another one of these this week. This one is brand new and unused, but it's been in storage in a cardboard box for many years without being wrapped in plastic so unfortunately it's yellowed quite badly. My original one actually looks better on the outside so it's the one I'll be using. Still I only paid $20 and I now have a complete machine for spares as well as the option to use a standard PF rather than the naked one (although it's all aluminium - basket and PF).
                        I've already swapped over some of the better parts from the new machine and will put it away now as a spare. Before I did I bench tested it after removing the panarello and Teflon taping the remaining steam arm pipe to give me a stubby but closer to standard steam wand. I managed to get quite a nice extraction from it using the aluminium PF and my NP Brazil Serra Dolce beans. Turned it into a tasty little piccolo latte.

Comment

Working...
                        X