Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Breville BarVista Bes200 has died - what would you recommend new or used <$200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Breville BarVista Bes200 has died - what would you recommend new or used <$200

Surprisingly this cheap machine with daily use survived 6 years. Almost as ironic is that two years ago, nearly to the day, I posted on this forum looking for a used machine; this time however it is official – RIP. I am located in Adelaide and looked for a used Gaggia Classic or Silvia but without luck. If I was to spend $200 new or used what would you recommend? 😊

G'day mate...

What sort of grinder do you have?

Mal.

Comment

Originally posted by Dimal View Post
      G'day mate...

What sort of grinder do you have?

Mal.
      Hi Mal
      I have a Sunbeam EM0480.

Sent from mTalk

Comment

That should be fine for most brewing methods...

Have you given any thought about going with an AeroPress, rather than trying to eke the best you can from a cheap appliance machine?

Easy to use and providing you only use freshly roasted, high quality beans, it can produce wonderful coffee. Something between an espresso and a good pour-over or drip filter brew in flavour...
        You'll then have plenty of change left over to grab heaps of wonderful freshly roasted coffee...

Mal.

Comment

Thanks Mal, I think I'll pick one of those up for work!
          My fiancé is the coffee puller in the house. She loves the process this for home we would prefer a machine.

Sent from mTalk

Comment

Hmmm....

In that case mate, I don't think you're going to be able to get a decent enough machine with that budget. My personal opinion is that the AeroPress will produce better results than any sub $200 espresso machine....

Just my opinion of course....

Mal.
            P.S.
            There is the fully manual/portable option of course, like the HandPresso for example. There are others around of course that use alternative means of creating the necessary 9.0Bar of pressure for a true espresso...

Click image for larger version

Name:	HandPresso.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	121.5 KB
ID:	742766
            Last edited by Dimal; 15 October 2016, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X