No announcement yet.

Discussion on Flair Espresso

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sounds like you have the "Easy Clean" basket there mate...
    You can use it as a Naked basket, so to speak, but coffee does not exit in the same fashion as a genuine Naked would, due to the curved bottom.

Mal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Melbroaster View Post
      I own it and love it. Every espresso machine regardless of lever or pump based is simply a way to deliver water at a specified temperature and pressure through a coffee puck and this device strips away all of the automation to allow the user to have full manual control of the shots which taste phenomenal the majority of the time when you use the appropriate technique/beans/grinder. All of you wimps that use machines that spoil you with frivolous luxuries like internally heated brew water should hide in shame.... [emoji3]
      When my Mypressi dies I am probably gonna get one. It will take up a lot more room in my luggage when traveling.

Comment

• The carry-case that everything fits in is quite compact though and well designed...

Mal.

Comment

• Yes, great wee device. Been using mine for around a year now iirc, and the only poor shots were operator error....using same grinder for Aeropress....blush.
          Build quality is pretty damn good, it gets used a few times a day two weeks out of three, never had an issue.
          Never going back to the standard portafilter, the easyclean is great because you know that its clean without Caffetto.
          And call me shallow but yes, the nifty little stainless steel tamper and that sturdy carry case are the sort of things that make for a very happy owner a long time after the novelty wears off,

Comment

• Had ours for more than two years now and wouldn't dream of getting rid of it...

Mal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dimal View Post
              The carry-case that everything fits in is quite compact though and well designed... Mal.
              It is still twice or three times as big as Mypressi. I bet it is less messy though. I will be sad when it dies. I won't miss looking for those little whip cream chargers when I land though.

Comment

• I am in the market for an espresso machine, and quite like the Flair Pro 2. One question - just how much effort is required on the lever to maintain 9 Bar pressure?

Comment

• Dimal
                  Dimal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Answer to this at the top of the previous page...

• Originally posted by Greenswale View Post
                I am in the market for an espresso machine, and quite like the Flair Pro 2. One question - just how much effort is required on the lever to maintain 9 Bar pressure?
                I guess it depends person to person. For me, it requires a little bit of effort, but certainly nothing too strenuous and probably less effort than I expected to reach 9 bars.
                There are plenty of videos on Youtube of people pulling shots with the flair which could give you an idea of how hard it is.

Comment

Working...
                X