Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best deal here?

Hi guys,
    Since the solenoid valve of my coffee machine (BES820) has gone bonkers, and I don't think a solenoid replacement at $130 is a good deal (the machine is quite old and something else may fail). I have decided to look for a new machine.
    There has been quite a long time since I looked at machines, and my budget is not great to be honest.
    The options I found are:
    1 - DE Longhi ECO310BK Icona Espresso Maker @ $159 (brand new). I know very little about De Longhi Machines, but st this price...
    2 - De Longhi Dedica Pump Espresso Maker @ $299 (new)
    3 - De Longhi EC860M Pump Espresso coffee machine @ $359 (new)
    4 - BES840 (new) @ $399
    5 - BES500BSS - Bambino (new) @ $499
    6 - Gaggia Pure Espresso (used) @ $180 (without negotiating)

What do you guys think is the best option (bang for buck)?
    Any comments on De Longhi Machines?
    I have not seen many Gaggia Espresso Pure machines around.

Thanks for any help.

Cheers

You're probably best with what you're familiar with. The Bambino only comes with pressurised baskets and the Breville 840 is superior to the others mentioned. However, the Breville BES 920 double boiler is on clearance at Harvey Norman $820 'till Friday, worth considering if you can afford to step up.

Comment

$820!? My wife would kill me...

Comment

Agree with Erimus.

Depends on what your budget is - you could look at a second hand machine that would last a lot longer and the coffee of better quality. Having said that the BES 920 punch well above their weight for price vs quality.

Comment

It's a shame the 920 is out of your budget. Have you thought of a Behmor - Brazen from our own site. If I had room in My kitchen for another coffee making appliance this would definitely be there. For some strange reason filter/dripolator coffee is vastly underrated in Australia.

https://beanbay.coffeesnobs.com.au/V...-coffee-brewer

Comment

My issue with the dripolator is that I will end up doing too much coffee!
            It ends up staying on the jug and so on.
            I quite enjoy drip coffee, but is a different art.

Comment

Let say I were to buy a used BES920. What should I look for?

Comment

Originally posted by dschmeda View Post
                Let say I were to buy a used BES920. What should I look for?
                A new one....or a Silvia in good nick...

Comment

Sadly outside my budget...

Comment

There is a post or two from BES920 owners in this thread, some detailing their issues - https://coffeesnobs.com.au/brewing-e...rs-thread.html

Comment

dschmeda what's your location?

Comment

Brisbane mate

Comment

There is a post or two from BES920 owners in this thread, some detailing their issues
                          I saw it, thanks, but there are not many issues discussed there. I guess hat is a good sign

Comment

Shame you're not in Sydney, can't offer you much from here

Comment

There have been some great offerings for Silvia/Lelit machines in recent weeks in the 4-Sale Category and there are still a couple up there that include grinders. May need some TLC but at least it will get you going and a chance to learn more about quality espresso machines over time...

Mal.

Comment

Working...
                              X