No announcement yet.

Help fixing Saeco Via Venezia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The boiler would likely have been empty or near empty due to the water leaking out. It needed to be refilled (primed) by first turning on the hot water knob on the left side of the machine then switching on the power by pressing the power button. When you get a steady stream of water through the steam wand the boiler is filled and ready for heating. It is possible to damage the heating element if this isn't done. Try filling the boiler as described and see what happens. Keep hands off the machine after pressing the power button. If anything unusual happens, turn off at the power point rather than touching the machine again.

Comment

Originally posted by CafeLotta View Post
      The boiler would likely have been empty or near empty due to the water leaking out. It needed to be refilled (primed) by first turning on the hot water knob on the left side of the machine then switching on the power by pressing the power button. When you get a steady stream of water through the steam wand the boiler is filled and ready for heating. It is possible to damage the heating element if this isn't done. Try filling the boiler as described and see what happens. Keep hands off the machine after pressing the power button. If anything unusual happens, turn off at the power point rather than touching the machine again.
      Ohh I was doing it wrong, Thanks

Comment

Thanks for all your help. I finally fixed it

Comment

Good one "tzveta"...

Mal.

Comment

Originally posted by tzveta View Post
            Thanks for all your help. I finally fixed it
            Good to hear you're back up and running.

To prolong the life of the heating element, it's also good practice to refill (prime) the boiler straight after steaming and not a bad idea to do it each time you power on the machine.

Comment

I had the exact same issue (even the same bolt), and the same solution worked for me.

Thanks to this thread!

I did have to dismantle it quite a bit to get the seal back in place though as it was too tight to access.

​​​​​​​The bolts are M5 20mm which you can get from Bunnings.

Comment

Working...
              X