$299 Aldi Premium Espresso Machine - 19bar, PID, Thermoblock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $299 Aldi Premium Espresso Machine - 19bar, PID, Thermoblock

This little Aldi sounds pretty interesting? - especially with a 3 year warranty and 60 day no questions asked returns.

19 bar pressure sounds impressive - ie. Breville Barista Express etc are rated for 15 bar
    Pressure gauge
    Thermoblock - with steam wand and separate hot water dispenser
    PID temperature controller
    Solid tamper, milk jug, single/dbl portafilters (not sure if they are pressurized or not)
    Last edited by Javaphile; 14th March 2020, 07:11 PM. Reason: Removed commercial link

Originally posted by emdeex View Post
    This little Aldi sounds pretty interesting? - especially with a 3 year warranty and 60 day no questions asked returns.

19 bar pressure sounds impressive - ie. Breville Barista Express etc are rated for 15 bar
    Pressure gauge
    Thermoblock - with steam wand and separate hot water dispenser
    PID temperature controller
    Solid tamper, milk jug, single/dbl portafilters (not sure if they are pressurized or not)

I suspect this machine would not have an OPV and be designed for pre-ground coffee. The 19bar pressure is not really an indication of quality, rather that it is using a pressurised basket, the extra pressure used as an attempt to produce some crema out of stale supermarket coffee.

The world would not only enjoy better coffee but also be a lot more sustainable if people would start seeing the value in buying a lasting product and stop confusing the number of features and a low price tag with "value for money".

If you don't have much money to spend, you cannot afford to buy cheap.
    Last edited by Javaphile; 14th March 2020, 07:12 PM. Reason: Removed commercial link from quote

Comment

Given emdeex only has 2 posts to their name and both are espousing Aldi's return policy I have serious doubts they are a legitimate punter. How many bar pressure the pump is rated at is not a selling point here. No one should be extracting coffee at much over ~9bar, machines that have 15bar pumps mostly have OPVs as well so they regulate the pressure down to about 10bar immediately after the pump, which reduces to 9bar by the time it hits the coffee. The last time a CS member bought a ~$300 Aldi coffee machine it didn't have an OPV and so it was virtually impossible to pull a shot without major channelling.

Check out this thread about it. https://coffeesnobs.com.au/brewing-e...operation.html

Comment

Ain't it amazing how boosters come out of the woodwork on Aldi threads, just coincidence I guess.

Comment

I bought this machine last year for testing, it's not worth it.

You can read my thoughts here: https://coffeesnobs.com.au/brewing-e...tml#post653173

Edit: Just realised level3ninja posted the same thread link

Comment

emdeex you have been a member for 8 months and you don't know the rules about direct linking to non sponsor sites? Or as Ninja says you are just a nasty Aldi spammer who disrespects the site and rules? You actually and all the fake below the line marketing by Aldi actually put me off the company.

Comment

19 bar pressure sounds impressive
              Have you been paying attention buddy? We have an expectation of a minimum 37.34Bar here....

Comment

Originally posted by noidle22 View Post
                I bought this machine last year for testing, it's not worth it.

You can read my thoughts here: https://coffeesnobs.com.au/brewing-e...tml#post653173

Edit: Just realised level3ninja posted the same thread link
                Thanks Noidle for the reply and thread link . I tried searching for any reviews of this model on CS before posting, but didn't find your thread.... I thought it was a new model, and maybe was worth trying (as I guess you did as well). I put the link in thinking people would want to see what I was referring to since its not available anywhere else (my bad).

Anyway, yep, I'm a noob, posting in the entry-level machine forum... about a machine that is entry level...and listing what I know about it from the advertisement. There are plenty of things from Aldi that turn out to be great bargains... this doesn't sound like its one of those... thanks for the info.

Comment

I tried searching for any reviews of this model on CS before posting, but didn't find your thread.... I thought it was a new model, and maybe was worth trying (as I guess you did as well). I put the link in thinking people would want to see what I was referring to since its not available anywhere else (my bad).

Anyway, yep, I'm a noob, posting in the entry-level machine forum... about a machine that is entry level...and listing what I know about it from the advertisement. There are plenty of things from Aldi that turn out to be great bargains... this doesn't sound like its one of those... thanks for the info.
                  I thought I'd made a thread for the machine but then remembered I only put the review inside someone else's thread so that's why you didn't find it.

Because this forum has such a large reach there are often fresh new users shilling for companies or brands but giving no actual input. Your post sort of ticked these boxes which threw warning signs for some people I think.
                  This trigger happy response has caused issues in the past with people accused of shilling when they weren't, try not to worry about it.

Comment

Best thing you can do to allow us to give you the best advice for your situation, is to state your overall budgetary constraints (that should include a decent entry level coffee grinder) and your preferred coffee drink(s).

Once we have that, we can start helping out with meaningful and useful suggestions...

Mal.

Comment

Working...
                    X