Bo-ema single group lever machine, old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bo-ema single group lever machine, old

I have just bought an old Bo-Ema (60s I think) single group lever machine as a project, I had to have it as soon as I saw it, I have always wanted a lever machine to play with ;D

It looks like a single lever version of this machine, http://www.powerhousemuseum.com/coll...ase/?irn=11725

Didnt take any photos as I didnt have my camera with me, and as I was on my motorcycle I couldnt bring home :-/

It is huge, not a kitchen machine by any means, it was in use comercially at a tourist place south of Hobart (The Margate Train) until about five years ago.

I have organised for some friends to pick it up for me, but I am off to sea for nine weeks starting on sunday, so no playing for a while

It is encouraging to see that Bo-Ema still make machines, so giving it a birthday should be a relativly painless exersice :

Anybody had expereances with similar machines?

Re: Bo-ema single group lever machine, old

Havent had any experience with similar machines but man i would love too.....how can you tease us so much by saying your got this beautiful machine and then say your not gonna touch if for 9 weeks ill be counting down the days

Comment

Bo-ema single group lever machine, old

Heres mine!

Comment

and another of mine:

By the way, Im not much of a photographer hehe!

Regardz,
        FC.

Comment

WOW...
          very nice piece of Aussie coffee history.

Comment

Now thats what I call a really sexy machine..... and fully operational I assume.

Not what everyone today would want..... but personally - a machine to die for!!!

Comment

Yes it is fully operational but we dont use it. It takes pride of place in my showroom.

The beauty about this one is its never been cosmetically done up. So it looks original but in great nik for age, & nothing is missing or broken.

In this kind of external condition, very very very hard to find.......! You usually find them in atrocious broken down looking condition and with parts missing, or newly done up looking better than new (and therefore looking like a brand new replica)...I prefer them looking like this one rather than like a new replica.

If we pulled it down to do an internal recondition, we would leave the body alone and keep presenting in this condition.

Regardz,
              FC.

Comment

That machine looks gas powered.

Comment

Originally posted by Wushoes link=1177033982/0#7 date=1179886989
                  That machine looks gas powered.
                  Nope, you just cant see the big wind-up key in the back of it.

Comment

Gas powered? Only if the operators been eating barbecued sausages and onions hehe.

Regardz,
                    FC.

Comment

Baked bean powered espresso?

Comment

Hey...fabulous score, Andy-Gadget!!!
                        And what a nice bike too.....a Moto Guzzi?

Impeccable taste!

Comment

old school espresso lever machines used to be gas powered.

Comment

A friend of mine has an old 2 group lever machine like FCs which hes beginning to strip down- lined with old asbestos laden insulation!
                            From what I remember, it was lying around in the Bo-Ema yard and he got it for free!

Brett

Comment

Im back, the trip turned into 12 weeks, not 9 as planned.

Here are some photos of the new (old) machine.

Comment

Working...
                              X