Sullos Azkoyen Bravo 2E 2Grp Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sullos Azkoyen Bravo 2E 2Grp Rebuild

resisting the urge to power up Im afraid I didnt get to see her working - Abbey the Azkoyen Bravo - no matter I wanted something to work on anyway,
    Got emailed the parts diagrams and now I have a machine in front of me on teh bench, albeit engine dolly - this machine weighs 50kgs!, want to make sure Im connecting things right and I know what Im looking for, its got a procon pump so Im goiing to pull off all the covers and see whats inthere and id parts first before I go gungho...

Any suggestions?

Re: How do you prep a used semi-commercial machine

Congratulations Sullo, and welcome to the Extreme Machine end of town.

Keep Miss Silvia powered up because a coffee or ten may come in useful throughout your journey of discovery.

So you dont know whether the machine works? Does it need any work?
    Does it need descaling?

If you are itching to dismantle, Id take lots of pictures of the set up, from all angles. Comes in very handy later.

You may want to remove every nut, bolt and pipe and descale with citric acid, along with the boiler of course. Perhaps that is not necessary though if it is in pristine condition and has been run on softened water.

Perhaps you can disable an element and power up the machine on a normal circuit to see what goes.

New group seals may be advantageous. The groups --Id dismantle one of them, keeping the other intact for reference of where all the bits go.

Have a look at the condition, whether it drips, whether the solenoids work.

Have fun

Robusto

Comment

Hey Rob

I couldnt help myself had to give her power!
      This puupys got a three stage boiler ie can be run on 5/10/20 amps via the switch on the front of her, 0-1-2-3, so I turned it on and after a few seconds I can hear a buzzing down where the procon pump is, I had the water pipe in a bucket to see if itd suck but didnt, after a few attempts I noticed the boiler getting warmer just slightly warm, i pressed the service buttons and they all click on and off but Ill deal with those later its the pump Im trying to investigate first.
      Abbeys on a engine dolley and if I rock her side to side I can hear water sloshing around in her belly (boiler) so I know its got water, how much I dont know.
      What I want to do is bypass the machine to the pump to test if the pump is working and use the manual filling valve so I can be sure that its working.
      Once I test it all and is working so I can say yes it works It will be striped much the same as what Phil Jeffery did to his machine, citric acid here we come..

Now Im on the hunt for info on these procon pumps, if anyone can point me in the right direction Id be happier then I already am with this monster...

THE JOURNEY BEGINS!!!!

Comment

Ah, that muti-switch is handy.

Is there no sight glass to tell the boiler water level? Id be wary of having an element switched on without the certainty that it is immersed.

Procon have a website.

It didnt suck, but did it go through the motions?

To fill manually bypasing the pump, you need mains pressure water.

The volumetric dosing buttons switch on the pump, flow meters measure the amount of water which has passed through, then give a single to switch off the pump. No water, no pumping, no function.

You can try temporarily hooking up a garden hose via an adaptor to the water intake hose. (Flush the garden hose thoroughly first)

Yes, the fun begins.

-Robusto

Comment

Sullo, be careful witht a garden hose... they can have a rubber-like taste taint which is persistent and might stay present in the boiler.
          if you want to use a hose, get a specific food grade water hose... generally white/pale blue reinforced.

oh, can i come and play??? such a nice red toy....

L

Comment

this is going to be a long night I can see it already, going by procons site its got a series 2, trying to remember how to test the motor, will leave her in her paneless state for the night whislt I go thru the parts diagrams lol
            good thing I have 3 more days off lol
            Ill go get some longer hoses and fittings and test with mains pressure tomorrow see if that does anything, might be good idea for me to call diamond and get their opinion.

Im so loving this

Comment

Good exploded diagrams for the Bravo on www.iberital.com if you need more. Follow the catalogue links.

Comment

SHE WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

I dissassembled the pump and the motor and pump is WORKING

all the volumetric buttons are working, motor runs everytime beautifully!!

only thing not working is the hot water service but that was expected, water is coming out very clean which was unexpected, boiler is warming once its up to pressure Ill test steam valves!!

WOOOOOOOHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

can you tell Im excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! D

Comment

Sullo,

Good one.... at last a happy man!!

By the way, many machines (mine is one) wont produce hot water until the water is ....emmmm.... HOT!!!! funny that!

Try again when the boiler is up to pressure.

Comment

yyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooo

sorry everyone im excited!

Comment

I VE GOT STEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

woohoooooooooooooo

Comment

VE GOT STEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

woohoooooooooooooo
                        "Sullo the steam engine..... whoohooo... whoohooo " ;D ;D ;D

fantastic, Sullo!! you must be having tons of fun there....!

L

Comment

just tried a shot, had too,
                          the noise in the group head came back, although I think I mightve choked her slightly, not to calibrate grinder again!
                          which reminds me better taste the water and flush her thru a few times, with the noise when I was playing earlier after runnign abit of water the noise left me, now shes running hot Im guessing thats got something to do with it..

FULL STEAM AHEAD CAPTAIN! gotta try teh steam thingy now !

Comment

cmon pull us a shot!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

jesus sounds like its going to explode LOL
                              think a back flush might be well in order heheheheh ;D

Comment

Working...
                              X