La San Marco 85/16M 3grp Sullos at it again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• La San Marco 85/16M 3grp Sullos at it again

Thought it best start a new thread for this puppy.
    As some may know Ive got hold of the LSM Dennis had and is going to get the "Sullos Treatment" (aka car lovers with the boiler) sourcing diagrams of where things go is a little harder then expected but none the less adds to the challenge.
    Coffeeparts (SITE SPONSOR) has some good diagrams of groups etc, but does anyone here have a big LSM Im trying to figure out where the drip tray drips to, theres nothing underneath it??? I got hold of this thing in pieces so once I get it back together I can then start striping it down to framework and rebuild.
    And it has this big foot pedal kinda thing on the bottom right? whats that for?
    If anyone can point me in a good direction Id be grateful and will add you to my will
    TIA Sullos

Re: La San Marco 85/16M 3grp Sullos at it again

anyone? *insert smily that looks like a sad faced puppy*
    (Will this do Sullo?)

Comment

roflmao! nice one Mal

Comment

whats a parker brand coil do? its not attached to the group on its own, I gave the LSM power and it sparked and blew the power circuits on pump only power switch??

Comment

anyone got any idea on this before I start playing with it and electrocute myself? hehe only kidding but am curious to pknow what its mission in life is on one of these machines

Comment

Hey Sullo,
            take a look at this web page, its looks like its got some good info on it.
            http://tinyurl.com/2mkt26

Comment

Much appreciated Lovey every little bit of info helps.

thanks heaps

Comment

Hey Sullo - sounds like this beastie is a bit more complex than the Azkoyen. Be careful with those sparky bits!

Comment

yeah looks like its got some electrical prob, hard to diagnose without electrical diagrams or at least an exploded diagram. After reading a post earlier it seems that the 1-0-2 switch on the front the 1 might be full operation and 2 is pumps and electrics only?? I was told it was the other way around?? Once I get all that sorted I can start riping to pieces, but no point until I get it all working first, wellthats the way I do things yeah its ass about compared to some but its a way that always gets a good result
                  The search continues.....

Comment

Hey Sullo,

I havent used your particular machine, but the three position switches usually work like this:

0 - off

1 - fill (ie. on, but no power to elements; use this when filling the machine so that you dont fry the elements)

2 - on

Parker is a brand of solenoid valve, from memory.

Cheers,

Luca

Comment

This may help - http://www.iberital.com/iberital/CAFE/SAN%20MARCO.pdf

Comment

Hi Sullo,

The Parker coil attaches to the shaft of either a two way water solenoid valve, or the three way solenoid valve on the group. It looks like this when attached to the shaft...

Comment

...and like the below pic before attaching. The locknut and washer dont need to be any more than finger tight; just enough to prevent the coil from flopping around, but generally loose enough to allow rotation of the coil to the preferred spot for wiring etc.

Its entirely possible that a shorted coil could be causing your breaker to trip (been there, done that!). The coil is about forty bucks without solenoid from memory.

Good luck with it,
                          Phil

Comment

Knewmans thanks heaps mate helps agreat deal your in my will now

Phil, the coil in question isnt attached to the groups its a seperate one near the big assed rotary switch Ill photo it when in daylight, when I gave it power on setting one (your right Luca, thanks) nothing happenedd no pump movement or anything so I started fligking switches (as you do) the ones that turn on the groups big orange ones one for each group, (the volumetric ones didnt do anything) and thats when that additional coil sparked and rcd blew!
                            Its a fun way to learn

Thanks to everyone who helps out here boy am I going to have to have a big come here and have a coffee gathering one day whent he pavings done which I cant do(long story)

thanks again

Sullos
                            One more day at work then Im at it again

Comment

I own the same model machine, but in a 2-group. I also still have the manual if you need anything out of it.

Im certainly no expert but i have performed a few minor repairs to mine (o-rings, gaskets, steam wand assembly) that may make me of some assistance...so let me know if i can help.

cheers,

EDIT: not sure if youve figured this out already or not, but the foot at the bottom corner of the machine is to manually fill the boiler. You have to make sure the taps (under the drip tray) going to the boiler are in the on position...and the boiler drain tap is off.

As for the switch...you are supposed to leave it in Position 0 (off) and fill the boiler to the 3/4 mark otn the sight glass using the manual lever...then switch to position "1" to turn the machine on (activate elements). After this you can switch the machine to auto-refill by using the green switches on the side.

Im not sure what position "2" is for....but from the manual it looks like its for gas-fired machines to activate one element only. Not sure what it does on my machine as i only have one element enabled anyway (long story).

Theres also a reccommended sequence for turning it on in the manual of opening a steam valve until water/steam starts to emerge from the steam wand....then closing it to build upto pressure.

Oh, and the drip tray...there should be a TINY black box (like 5matchboxes) to catch the drips in the drop tray (two clear rubber hoses run into it) and then a big waste hose runs out the bottom of it into your waste pipe. Its a crap system because its too small and gets blocked with coffee from time to time.

Comment

Working...
                              X