Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Vibiemme Dual Boiler Machine

Hi All,

I thought that some people might be interested to hear that Vibiemme are now manufacturing a domestic dual boiler/VBM head machine.  The prototypes were at HOST in Milan a few months ago and the first batch of 20 is on its was to the US at the moment.

Personally, the thing that interests me about it is that they seem to be using some of the new gicar temperature controllers, which look pretty nice.  The machine uses the same case as the domobar, but puts the temperature display and up/down buttons inbetween the two gauges.  What I thought was clever was that the actual brain unit is far removed from the readout - theres a ribbon cable that leads to it.

Of course, its anyones guess what characteristics the espresso produced from this machine has.

Ill go back and add in the relevant links once I find them.  This machine has been discussed on the US forums since at least HOST Milan a few months ago.

EDIT: Here is one of the old threads with some of the HOST photos on it: Clicky Clicky.

Cheers,

Luca

Re: New Vibiemme Dual Boiler Machine

Interesting news.
    I wonder if/when it will end up in AUS, and if so how many $$ it will cost.
    Seems like there may be three models being discussed.

Comment

Hi BB,

I first heard heard of the existence of this machine 12 months ago.

ECA have confirmed that they will come to Australia and may well have a rotary pump as well.

My guesstimate of a retail price is north of $3k for the vibe pump model and around $3.5k for the rotary pump model dependent on final specification.

regards

Chris
      Heres a pic of a euro spec. one:

Comment

Hi Chris,
        Thanks for the information ...
        looks like a tasty set-up, though at 3.5k i may have to sell a kidney to fund one (which is okay, as long as its somebody elses kidney )

I guess the biggest worries would be the complexity is a little higher then the HX and that any brand new product may be a little less reliable then a proven model .. though it seems from reading the previous link that a fair bit of testing is being performed on the new model !

Regards,
        BB

Comment

Originally posted by BeanBrat link=1200231035/0#3 date=1200278367
          Hi Chris,
          Thanks for the information ...
          looks like a tasty set-up, though at 3.5k i may have to sell a kidney to fund one (which is okay, as long as its somebody elses kidney   )

I guess the biggest worries would be the complexity is a little higher then the HX and that any brand new product may be a little less reliable then a proven model .. though it seems from reading the previous link that a fair bit of testing is being performed on the new model !

Regards,
          BB
          I think conservatism is prudent BB

Its probably overkill for the home but I guess its a bargain when viewed against a LM GS3 at twice the price!

Chris

Comment

FYI all, I spoke with ECA yesterday and they have confirmed that the dual boiler VBM Domobar Super will be arriving this year and most probably in the second quarter.

There will be 2 specifications:
            [*]Dual boiler, lever, PID, vibe pump, tank [*]Dual boiler, lever, PID, rotary pump, plumbed only...

You will note that I have moved this thread into extreme machines- pricing is not yet confirmed but if youre thinking rotary pump, budget on at least $3.5k.

They should be an incredible machine though...

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by 2muchcoffeeman link=1200231035/0#5 date=1200522251
              You will note that I have moved this thread into extreme machines- pricing is not yet confirmed but if youre thinking rotary pump, budget on at least $3.5k.
              this is in stark contrast to the prizing announced by stefano cremonesi. He accepts pre-orders at less than AU$ 2300. Ok, i realize that he calls it special introduction prize, but still $3.5 would be 50% more

Comment

Originally posted by welone link=1200231035/0#6 date=1201057553
                Originally posted by 2muchcoffeeman link=1200231035/0#5 date=1200522251
                this is in stark contrast to the prizing announced by stefano cremonesi (from espressocare). He accepts pre-orders at less than AU$ 2300. Ok, i realize that he calls it special introduction prize, but still $3.5 would be 50% more
                Firstly, Australia is not the US.

Secondly, the machines are 110V whereas our 240V models which are specifically manufactured in small volumes for us. i.e they are not the same.

Thirdly, we purchase machines in Euro, not US dollars- we dont have the population to buy in batches of 1000 units at a time....

There will be two specs- tank, vibe pump in the low $3k price range and rotary plumbed at more like $3.5k...

You may also find that you can buy a rebadged Commodore more cheaply in the US than in Australia as well!  :

2mcm

Comment

Hi All,

Does anyone have the specs on this baby yet? Im particularly interested in boiler sizes / wattage.

Looking at the pics from HOST in Milan, Id guess that one of them is the 700ml boiler from the Levetta, but I have been known to be wrong! ;D ;D

b4b.

Comment

Hi b4b,

As soon as ECA can supply them, Ill get them up here with pricing .

Chris

Comment

sorry for the link; it was certainly stupid on my side not to realize the violation of your site policy

Originally posted by 2muchcoffeeman link=1200231035/0#7 date=1201059160
                      our 240V models which are specifically manufactured in small volumes for us
                      all europe runs on 220-240 V / 50 Hz!!  so it seems more like they have to redesign it for the US than the other way around; but as you noted since theyre buying huge badges it probably makes up for it.

Comment

So when are we getting the new Domobar?

Starting to show up in Europe: http://www.espressobar.dk/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=48&func=view &id=6684&catid=2

Any time soon in Australia or should I just get that Minore I was about to start contacting sponsors about?

Comment

Re: So when are we getting the new Domobar?

Hey Mark,

Its a sexy looking machine, I had just bought my Minore just before it got announced.

This was discussed a while back from memory at this thread:
                          http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1200231035/5#5

Note that you may want to redirect this thread to the $3K+ - thats a little hint on the price compared to the Minore II

Comment

The pour-over/vibe pump version is selling for 13500DKK (About $3k Australian) in Denmark, but that includes 25% gst. Presumably the extra shipping will more than account for our lower taxes though, so over $3k is probably right.

Looking at that thread you linked, I knew Id seen it discussed somewhere here but couldnt find it. Some nice pics in the link I provided though. A mod can feel free to merge this over.

Comment

Hi Mark,

I understand that ECA have a trial machine due to arrive very soon.

This will require testing and calibration for Australian conditions. I guess if I was them, Id be trying to see if I could break it or if our power does nasty things to it.

My "guesstimate" would be 3rd quarter this year but if they get it out before that, its a bonus.

It is a lot more expensive than the Minore II- but has a full PID- which hte Minore doesnt in addition to the proven VBM build quality.

Ill have one on our bench for CSers to come and inspect/play with as soon as they are available and write something as well...

Chris

Comment

Working...
                              X