faema 2group screaming for help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• faema 2group screaming for help!

hi all, im new to the forum. HELLO JAI!!!!
    i have a faema 2group that i use at home. it makes a beautiful coffee and has just recently started screaming at me with a very high pitched voice when i start extracting.(not too unlike my exwife :P) it floats around the 9 bars when water is coming out but as soon as theres any resistance , ie. a full portafilter, it starts screaming at me and shoots up to around 12-13 bars.!
    i have been a barista for a long time now, but when it comes to nuts and bolts, any thing beyond the basics i need help.
    i am praying that the problem will not be too involved and will be fixed by a minor adjustment.
    thanks in advance for any help

jai

Re: faema 2group screaming for help!

Im guessing its the Faema Due? How old etc?

OZSCOTT!!!

Comment

Pump bearings going?

Comment

Scale build up in the pressure regulator within the pump assembly possibly affecting its operation?

Comment

Im guessing its the Faema Due? How old etc?

yes it is the Due. my guess would be 10-15 years old. i was told it had been reconditioned about 2 years ago. i pull approximately 5 doppios per day.  i have never completely pulled apart a machine before. i was trying to get to the pump to just have a tinker, but found quite hard to access even with all three wall panels off.
          i am dying for a coffee, so i think i will put up with incessant whining and screaming one more time to get some inspiration to fix this.
          thankyou for all life saving advice. coffee!

aloha

jai

Comment

Scale build up in the pressure regulator within the pump assembly possibly affecting its operation?
            any simple tests or detailed fix it tips for a complete tech/not?

Comment

Sorry - only just picked up on this thread - welcome Javajai. I have a 95 FAEMA Due 2 group - see the thread about it a few threads back in this Extreme Machine area for tuning details.

My pump spent a little while screaming (high pitched loud and obnoxious) when I ran her without sufficient water flow. I took the pump off the motor and squirted Lanotec into the pump and made sure she had plenty of water flow and it has never played up since - you can see the saga in the thread I have referred you to. I recommend that you make sure she has sufficient water flow - is she plumbed in, is there a water pressure regulator and filter in the line before the machine? The pump isnt that hard to get to with the front and left side panel removed...I have done it a few times...just muck around a bit and you will get to it.

Post some pics and info when you can..

Cheers

Comment

As JavaB said have a look at the pressure regulating plunger - mine had scale and I cleaned it - the detail of that is in my thread also.

Cheers

Comment

hi
                  screaming noise will be the cold water relief valve letting pressure off because the pump bypass is sticking
                  see ozscotts threaD

graham

Comment

Working...
                  X