Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• La Marzocco Vulcano

Hi everyone
    I am starting on another very important restoration the La Marzocco Vulcano grinder which was only made in very limited production and has won a dseign award in Italy. It is like no other grinder out there and in need of a full strip down, chrome, repair and rewire to see this grinder back to life.

mod edit- graphic resized so we can see it! Also, multiple graphics can be combined into one post with the use of an image hosting website such as photobucket

Re: La Marzocco Vulcano

photo2

Comment

photo3

Comment

photo4

Comment

Really looking forward to this mate... if its anything like your past projects, Im sure itll turn out DELISH!

Comment

Is it a keeper or for future sale
            Could have some interest in it myself

KK

Edit
            here is a great 22 photo stripdown link on this grinder

http://flickr.com/photos/paul_pratt/sets/72157600741650528/

Comment

Hi Retroman,

I also have a Vulcano. I am envious of your badges, as mine came without them.

I bought it at auction a few years ago. It was so stylish, but I was amazed at the lack of interest from other bidders. I had no idea at the time of the brand or model. I eventually noticed a picture of one at the LM museum in Italy at Paul Pratts website. I contacted him about the grinder. As it happens, about 18 months later he aquired one along with a single group LM "Comet". Im pretty sure hes written an article about his restoration somewhere on the web.

I have replaced the original burrs with Mazzers that are pretty close to original size, but have not really done much more apart from cleaning. I kind of like the patina of age and dont want to over restore it.

Heres a few pics.......

I posted here at CS a while back with more pics etc. Happy to discuss anything about the machine if you like.

Regards,
              Phil

Comment

Working...
              X