Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dalla Corte Mini....

Hi everybody,

Im looking for a price and Aust supplier for a Dalla Corte Mini. Can anyone help?
    Im assuming this is a pointy end machine, but if not feel free to move the thread
    somewhere more appropriate.

Do any CSers actually own a mini? Anyone got thoughts on how the mini compares to
    other more commonly avialable 2xboiler machines - eg. S1, others?

Thanks,

Marcus.

Re: Dalla Corte Mini

hallo, today I look dalla corte mini , good machine ! great steam ! (vapore)
    but
    I do not know other... : the coffè is good and you control the temp (pid) molto pesante 22 kg
    but I want to see dalla corte super mini !

krell

Comment

Dalla Corte Mini....

This one is presently in transit to our bench- for evaluation....

It will be interesting to have a look over it and potentially add a machine with dual boilers and a saturated group to our range. More info as it becomes available...

Info from manufacturers website states:
      The Mini is the smallest espresso machine in the world in which the temperature of the group head boiler is thermally independent from the
      steam boiler. It brings about a revolution in the area of traditional espresso machines for household use. The Mini uses the same group head as the Evolution Series resulting in perfect espresso extraction and taste

Features
      · absolute temperature stability through Direct Temperature Control System (DTCS)
      · user adjustable temperature of brewing head
      · low service and maintenance costs
      · up to 30% energy savings with respect to “comparative” machines (in “stand by” operation)
      · automatic boiler filling
      · self contained water supply and drain tray
      · steam boiler (1.5l)
      · cold water tank (3l)
      · group boiler (0.5l)
      · alarm signal (alerts user when tank filling is required)

Technical specifications:
      Dimensions (w x d x h ): 255 x 390x 350
      Thermal output: max. 2 kW
      Connected load: 240 Volt, 50/60 Hz
      Weight: 22 kg, 48.5 Lbs Constant, perfect espresso taste!

Comment

Re: Dalla Corte Mini....

Would you be looking at the super as well Chris?

Comment

thats bizarre chris. i was JUST about to post a question regarding the impact of group head designs like the
          MinoreII
          VBM dual boiler
          La Spaz

for a dual boiler setup.
          seems that ONLY saturated groups were meant for a DB configuration.

and someone pointed out to me LM GS3 / Synesso 1 grp / dalla corte

looks real nice. would love to see it in the flesh

Comment

Originally posted by Martial Monkey link=1224459891/0#1 date=1224460352
            Would you be looking at the super as well Chris?
            Quite possibly MM- though wed be chatting on that one in the extreme machines section

Originally posted by roknee link=1224459891/0#2 date=1224460513
            thats bizarre chris. i was JUST about to post a question regarding the impact of group head designs like the
            MinoreII
            VBM dual boiler
            La Spaz

for a dual boiler setup.
            seems that ONLY saturated groups were meant for a DB configuration.

and someone pointed out to me LM GS3 / Synesso 1 grp / dalla corte

looks real nice. would love to see it in the flesh...
            Yes Aaron- I am wondering that as well. I guess thats where the Scace/Fluke combo will be handy. I can hit it with a WBC test regime and see how it stacks up....

I should have it in the next couple of days....

Chris

Comment

Drool another tempter on the list ETA early next year or lat this year?

Comment

8-) Interested to hear what you think about it. I need to come up to the big smoke and play at the Coffee Academy soon. It could be a very expensive trip

Comment

someones gonna be saying bye bye mr solis...

Comment

That Mrs Solis thankyou and she has been having inferiority issues for a while now from the Italian Muscle Grinders on her flanks

Still need to narrow the choices a bit but I think I am getting closer.

In depth look at the Dalla Corte here http://coffeegeek.com/forums/espresso/machines/303831 for some additional reading.

Comment

I pulled a shot on this machine at Cafe Biz earlier this year. Its a great little machine. Id have one. From memory, the Supermini of this version (plumb in) is about half a metre tall... for some reason. It almost looks awkward.

Comment

Mmmmm. Any idea of pricing? I see that doesnt have an ugly exposed E61, although Im not sure the juicer stuck to the front is a big improvement :

Comment

Funny thing the super mini is bigger, uglier and dearer than the mini ??

Sounds like it takes GS3 baskets as well. Time for a stock 53mm Tamper Range Greg

Comment

Originally posted by beanflying link=1224459891/0#11 date=1224481717
                            Funny thing the super mini is bigger, uglier and dearer than the mini ??

Sounds like it takes GS3 baskets as well. Time for a stock 53mm Tamper Range Greg
                            A rotary pump will do that for you

Comment

Hey Chris,

Good to see that you were able to get in touch with Tristan.  Like I said, I played around with it enough at the importers to be interested, but Id love to try it out with some coffee that Im more familiar with.  On the other hand, if this one falls through, you could always add the gs3 to your range ;P

Dual boiler/saturated group aside, I think that one of the coolest things about this machine is the fact that they actually went with sensible drip tray materials, rather than pretty ones.  Wire grate = nothing pooling on top, so clean cup bottoms.  Black tray = mess is more difficult to see.  This drip tray was clearly designed to look good and work well when being used.  Those shiny stainless steel plates might look good in the show room, but the novelty wears off very quickly.

Hi beanflying,

Sounds like it takes GS3 baskets as well.
                              The GS/3 has standard LM 58mm portafilters, not DC 54mm portafilters.

Hi Greg,

I see that doesnt have an ugly exposed E61, although Im not sure the juicer stuck to the front is a big improvement Roll Eyes
                              Yeah; finally a domestic machine that has been cobbled together from a proprietary parts bin instead of a generic one ;P  The point, of course, being that it has a saturated group ... but lets not get ahead of ourselves and turn saturated group into another buzz word like dual boiler.  

I wonder if you could take the wierd carbon fibre casing off it; itd look kind of steam punk.  Potential for nasty burning, methinks, but the e61s havent been that bad ...

Cheers,

Luca

Comment

Working...
                              X