Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with La Scala Carmen

Hi
    I am after help if anyone is able, I have just bought a second hand La Scala Carmen A1. Unfortunately the seller could offer only basic advice on the use and didnt have a user manual. If anyone can shed any light on the use of machine would be a great help.

Thanks
    Jason

Re: Help with La Scala Carmen

Originally posted by nicemjas link=1227007639/0#0 date=1227007639
    Hi
    I am after help if anyone is able, I have just bought a second hand La Scala Carmen A1. Unfortunately the seller could offer only basic advice on the use and didnt have a user manual. If anyone can shed any light on the use of machine would be a great help.

Thanks
    Jason
    ..Hi there and welcome. The machine makes espresso coffee.

Cheers

Comment

...couldnt help meself!

I dont know the machine but there are plenty of people on here with high end machines, so what specific questions do you want answered?

Cheers

Comment

You could try the La Scala website if you know anyone who can speak Italian

http://www.lascala.it/macchine_per_caffe_carmen1.html

There may be links to download manuals.

Comment

I have tried the La Scala site unfortunately they dont have any manuals. The main help I am after is setting the doses for the cup sizes. It is programmable but it seems some of the buttons have been programmed to deliver only a drip of water, I would like to change the doses to the correct required. Any other help that can be provided regarding the machine would be great.

Thanks
          Jason

Comment

Gday Jason,

Welcome to CoffeeSnobs mate... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Have you tried contacting the La Scala company direct via phone or fax? Ive found this to be a great way to locate information that might otherwise go undiscovered. If you know someone with Skype or other VoIP service, the call wont cost you much, if anything....

Cheers,
            Mal.

As it happens, there is an English version of their site, here.... http://tinyurl.com/5h5rlx

Comment

Hadnt considered contacting direct, have emailed them to try and get a user manual.

Comment

Good Morning
                Is it just the adjustment off levels you need help with?
                Give me all your your questions and I will answer them!

Regards Igor
                CoffeeTech ACT NSW

Comment

It is the adjustment off levels also the on off switch has a selector 1 and 2. I know what 1 does but do you have any idea what 2 is for.

Thanks
                  Jason

Comment

Jason, are you still having trouble with your la scala carmen?
                    I have the full manual for an A2 which is no different to your A1 except it has 2 groups of course, but the same programming etc........

Ray.

Comment

Ray
                      I am able to use it, have worked out programming doses but that is about it, have no idea what the 2 is used for on the power switch, I would like to know more about it to get the best out of it.

Thanks

Jason

Comment

Jason,

I have never used the La Scala but if is like any other machine (very probably) the power cut work like this.

Position 1. Or fill boiler when the machine is new ( the level regulators from the boiler tell the mamain board - do not have enought water in the boiler so fill solonoid opens and re fill, will stop automatically.

position 2. Allows the heating element to start heating up, the heating element will swicth off when the pre-set preasure is reach (1.1 - 1,2 or other)

Feel free to pm me if you have any questions I may be able to help

happy new year

Renzo

Comment

I hope the owners manual helps you mate, did you notice that the no 2 setting on the main switch allows the boiler to fill without turning on the heating elements to allow for filling an empty boiler and the no 1 setting is of course all on, auto fill and heater element, does yours also have the manual override rocker switch on the opposite side, if so it is in case the programmable circuit board ever goes down you can still use the machine semi auto until you can get parts etc...

feel free to pm me if you need anything else....... lots of love... Ray.

Comment

Try making it smaller
                            eg 640 x 480

KK

Comment

Ray
                              Mine doesnt have manual override, so if the circuit board goes then I guess I can steam milk.

Jason

Comment

Working...
                              X