The New LM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The New LM

So Tim Wendleboe did a comfortably in depth review of the new machine LM had at SCAA.

Fully progressive pressure profiling (0 bars, 9 bars, anywhere in between.)
    One boiler for each group.
    Programmable pressure profiling. <- This.
    Lots of other new stuff. (Luca mentioned some of this, here as well)

http://timwendelboe.no/2009/04/the-new-la-marzocco/

Re: The New LM

This new LM paddle is quite delish. Id LOVE to have a play with one. The thought of ramping down the pressure towards the end of the shot is way cool. This version of the LM is heaps cool in that one group doesnt affect the others so you can have different pressures running on different groups, unlike, say, the current Synesso Cyncras.

Its exciting to see the boundaries of what we know on espresso extraction being pushed to new heights.

Comment

Im more interested in the fact that the LM actually has the ability to record the profiles youve played with, and can then program any of the groups to replicate any pressure profile you desire. Nuts!!

Comment

This machine was a lot of fun. Frankly, I wasnt particularly interested in espresso on my US trip; my agenda was really to learn about brewed coffee and to get a sense of how the coffee available on the Aussie market stacks up. I had a bunch of espresso on the trip, including some that was quite good, but nothing that was really interesting until I got to fool around on this machine. There are a whole bunch of things to experiment with on this machine. For example, I underdosed one handle and was able to rescue it with the lever.

Cheers,

Luca

Comment

Yea it really sounds like LM really blew the competition out of the water. Their really wasnt much info on their paddle group machine - except that it was their entry for the WBC machine. They have given the ability to tweak the pressure and stay consistent (profile memory).

Neat ;D

Comment

David Makin is part of the "La Marzocco Street Team" where a few prototype machines will make their way around the world for evaluation...looking forward to playing with some new La Marzoccos!

Comment

Working...
            X