Clear All

• Scoota Scores Big...

Its ordered!

2 weeks and it will be delivered!

*does happy dance*

Finally, the 10 year old Brasilia gets retired to who cares where! ;D

And replaced with an...

Expobar Ruggero 2 Group!

And Ive even managed to convince the boss to drop the height of the counter a tad (thanks to Dennis for that!) as it will be a machine with the high groups and I really dont need them up round my ears!

I promise...photos as soon as I see it!

*dances off to work*

Re: Scoota Scores Big...

Originally posted by 4E5E5252495C625A5C513D0 link=1242339441/0#0 date=1242339441
    Expobar Ruggero 2 Group!
    Excellent Scoots - may the good burghers of your town appreciate the new lease of life that their favourite barista has found, and their favourite brew become a tad more enjoyable.

Is there a cliff nearby where you can sacrifice the Brasilia to appease the coffee spirits?

Comment

Great news Scoots!

Are you getting the "Americano" multi boiler model?

This one has a Gicar temp controller on each group and huge steam boiler. I reckon its a pretty impressive machine!

If you get the HX model- experience on Dennis old now departed machine says drop the boiler pressure to about 1 bar. The HX models run warm...

Enjoy

2mcm

Comment

Congratulations Scoota - you wont look back!

I want to know the colour. That "is it green" one at CafeBiz looked wicked.

BTW, my bench height is 850mm.

Comment

Well, I totally jinxed the Brasilia today...it breathed its last!

Come about 10 am, I discovered that my steam was just lousy and on closer inspection saw that the water level was empty and no matter how much we pushed on the refill button, it just wasnt refilling!

So, out came the Iberital to take up the slack!

Thatll learn me to brag so early!

Were going the single boiler, Chris, because after a chat with our coffee supplier who quoted something that Scott Callaghan said, we decided to stick with old school.

Weve gone for a bronze colour, similar to the one that was up on the other side of the stage at Cafebiz. Yes, we thought that the harlequin type green was cool too but it so does not go with our decor!

Chris, does Expobar do a triple basket for their portafilters, do you know? And, do they also do a naked portafilter? Or am I going to have to get the baker to butcher another one like he did last time!? ;D (he was a butcher in a past life too... )

Comment

Originally posted by 606A7F6868677375060 link=1242339441/1#1 date=1242340193

Is there a cliff nearby where you can sacrifice the Brasilia to appease the coffee spirits?
            Theres a hill...we call it the levy bank! ;D

Nearest cliff is about 60kms away at Mt Kaputar...second highest range in Australia, highest free standing range... But, seeing as its a National Park, we probably wont be allowed to sacrifice the old one like that...

Comment

Scoots- the Expobar portafilters are shallow and youll need to grab a replacement if you want to get a triple into it.

When cut down for a naked, there is not too much metal left....

FWIW, Id just buy a dedicated naked and a deep portafilter....

2mcm

Comment

Expobar cater for 2 types of deeper portafilters.

You can get a naked and throw in a 21 or a 24 if you have a standard height group, or
                if you have a hi-group machine they have the older-generation style chunky deep handles that can accomodate a 21s pretty easily and Dean mentioned that you can get a 24 in it as well.

Pretty reasonably priced as well.

Jeff.

Comment

Excellent news Scoots.... 8-)

Finally, an espresso machine to match the talent and passion of the Barista behind it. Should get someone to drop around with a camera during the first week, lots of photos of a satisfied smile...

Good one mate [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Mal.

Comment

Originally posted by 2535393922370931373A560 link=1242339441/5#5 date=1242368445
                    Originally posted by 606A7F6868677375060 link=1242339441/1#1 date=1242340193

Theres a hill...we call it the levy bank!  ;D

Nearest cliff is about 60kms away at Mt Kaputar...second highest range in Australia, highest free standing range... But, seeing as its a National Park, we probably wont be allowed to sacrifice the old one like that...
                    One might ask teh Question... Did teh old gal do teh job and get you to where you are today ?

Then... I would treat it with respect... Convert the Shell to something ( Parts are always in demand from CS members with too much time on their hands) or donate to a worthy cause :-)

We are in a through away culture as it is... And soon it will get too far off kilter...

I know I am worried... I figged I have done a fair job with my kids... But does that mean they can just DUMP me when they recon they have moved on and I can no longer give what they want...

Is that my fault or theirs (Sorry Scoots), thus why should I be treated with disrespect.. AM .. Standing up for the rights of all OLD machines... 8-)

Comment

Originally posted by 4555595942576951575A360 link=1242339441/5#5 date=1242368445
                      Mt Kaputar
                      Sounds appropriate for a sacrifice of the Brasilia.

Comment

AM...the old "gal" wasnt the only thing that got me here today, Im afraid...my search for information on the likes of Coffeesnobs, along with many hours spent with other professionals on other better machines did that, I feel. The Brasilia was like having an old Holden to bash around in the paddock and now Im allowed to have the nice Lambourghini or Ferrari to really hone my skills on.

I agree...were living in a throw away society. But youll be pleased to know that my old wood fireplace which we replaced with a new one just today, is going in the backyard so when we watch the outdoor movies on the big screen, we can crank it up and have a nice fire! So, hows that for recycling for you!

However, in the case of the coffee machine...it has now come to the point where in the past month we have replaced two major parts to fix its chronic problem and now it has completely failed. So, yet another expensive part to possibly band aid it for who knows how long.

Were miles from a professional technician out here. The last trip to take this machine to Tamworth cost hundreds of dollars in time and petrol and repairs...and yet...here I am...with a machine that cant even fill itself.

No...the Brasilia has certainly paid its way and has definitely done its job...

And mate...people having been dumping their parents for years, IMO...isnt that what retirement homes are...

Comment

Originally posted by 57474B4B50457B434548240 link=1242339441/11#11 date=1242393708
                          And mate...people having been dumping their parents for years, IMO...isnt that what retirement homes are...
                          Yea... But I dont want to be one...

You think about it... Some young nurse (what ever sex) comes and looks after you / feeds you / wipes ya backside and then as a final insult... Servers you instant coffee.. Pheft.. I up and out of there...

Comment

What did Scottie have to say about the multi boiler?

Comment

Has the Ruggero Americano multi boiler become a cheaper alternative to the La Marzocca?

Comment

Working...
                              X