Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi colombiasmoothbean , the Gaggia lever machines turn up fairly regularly in Australia on "online auction sites" , and I paid less than that for my 3 group lever .Having said that , the 3 group it madness - it's VERY heavy , but parts and expertise are available to recondition them , and a mains powered "flojet" pump will happily run them from the standard 35 ? litre water cooler bottle .There are vintage lever machines running on gas , and Gicar build a standard gas regulator that's used in new commercial models .Now if someone said there's a special single group sitting in a barn of garage somewhere , you never know.
    It really is a case of do a lot of homework , it may save you some grief in the long run.
    I love my 12 month old lever , but after a solid impact with me and the carpark dirt 2 days ago , there's no chance of me pulling shots for a few days !! arrghh , coffee , coffee.. ;-)

Comment

• Hey CS'ers

Been far too long between short blacks, but i thought my latest find may spark some interes, Just aquired this week is this La Cimbali Brilliante, been looking for a two group version of this for quite some time and finally found this last week, thoughts??
      Attached Files

Comment

• The head of an escaped robot from the 1950's?

Java "Nice find!" phile
        Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

• Love the scifi badge

Comment

• How's the reception? Nice piece of 50s retrofuturism.

Comment

• Originally posted by tcm-geelong View Post
              La Cimbali Brilliante, been looking for a two group version of this for quite some time and finally found this last week, thoughts??
              I thought you might like the attached photo. This was displayed at Mumac 3 years ago.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Can anyone help me identify this machine...

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• My Gaggia Milano Robecco. Italy Export.

Love that orange colour! Not sure of the exact year but probs 70s. Anyone else seen anything similar?

Comment

• Wow, very nice, the orange with the copper cups makes a very nice visual. How are the shots coming out of it?

Comment

• Originally posted by kjbeans View Post
                      My Gaggia Milano Robecco. Italy Export.

Anyone else seen anything similar?
                      We've got a 2 group in dark blue sitting in our workshop on display - technically belongs to a customer but we haven't had any contact with them for 3-4 years. Too nice/rare a machine to dispose of as uncollected goods though, so it will probably stay on the shelf into perpetuity......

Comment

• Originally posted by kjbeans View Post
                        My Gaggia Milano Robecco. Italy Export.

Love that orange colour! Not sure of the exact year but probs 70s. Anyone else seen anything similar?

That's a Gaggia Tell. It is a '70s one, probably amongst the last and a very handsome machine. Love the orange. I have nearly completed restoration of a red and black two group Tell.

Comment

• Originally posted by shewey View Post
                          Wow, very nice, the orange with the copper cups makes a very nice visual. How are the shots coming out of it?
                          Shots aren't great yet I must admit.I'm about to post about my issues. I think it has something to do with the varying water temp...

Comment

• Originally posted by MorganGT View Post
                            We've got a 2 group in dark blue sitting in our workshop on display - technically belongs to a customer but we haven't had any contact with them for 3-4 years. Too nice/rare a machine to dispose of as uncollected goods though, so it will probably stay on the shelf into perpetuity......
                            That's pretty sweet MorganGT!

Have you pulled any shots from it? How did they turn out? I'm having a bit of trouble with mine.

Comment

• Not sure if this counts as an "extreme" machine, but it takes up a healthy amount of bench space. It's obviously a Rancilio of some kind. I've seen similar looking ones called a Serie GM, m-jet, classe 6. Not sure what it actually is.

2.4kW element so happily running on a 10A outlet, and leva so no pump required. It's as reliable as a hammer though I've replaced the group seal and the anti-vac and safety valve anyway. Otherwise original so far as I can tell. Originally sold by Mocopan in Preston.

Comment

• love the style

Comment

Working...
                                X