X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantastic, I had a Conti empress single group, lovely machines

Comment

• Nearly there! After ten years of life getting in the way we decided this old girl deserves to be finally brought back to life. Just wiring, some knobs and stuff and some trim fixings and the DE will have some (more) competition..

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010578.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	290.7 KB
ID:	749392Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010580.JPG
Size:	222.2 KB
ID:	749393Click image for larger version

Name:	E6103.jpg
Size:	347.3 KB
ID:	749394Click image for larger version

Name:	E6105.jpg
Size:	339.8 KB
ID:	749395Click image for larger version

Name:	E6104.jpg
Size:	337.0 KB
ID:	749396

Comment

• Wow!
        What a beauty mate. Just beautiful...

Mal.

Comment

• Faema Urania 2 group restored like new

Comment

• Originally posted by JCR33 View Post
            Faema Urania 2 group restored like new

Some eye candy right there! That shroud looks like new. Can you still buy them?

Comment

• @furrybarry did you purchase your Rancilio as a 10amp?? I have a z9 2 group that I want to sell but not sure if I should conver to a 10amp to appeal to more than light commercial buyers. Currently 20 amp which basically means it needs to be hard wired for use. Can convert to 15amp quite easily but I’m wondering if it could run on 10. Any ideas??

Comment

• I'm no expert but it seems a bit excessive for a two group lever to be running on 20 amp even a Z9 with a single 3000 watt element. My two group Tell is 15 with two 1250 watt elements. I wouldn't knock it down to 10 amp or you'll be waiting all day for a coffee. On 230 volts I'd say 15 amp would make it work okay. But what do I know?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mycoffeejourney View Post
                  @furrybarry did you purchase your Rancilio as a 10amp?? I have a z9 2 group that I want to sell but not sure if I should conver to a 10amp to appeal to more than light commercial buyers. Currently 20 amp which basically means it needs to be hard wired for use. Can convert to 15amp quite easily but I’m wondering if it could run on 10. Any ideas??
                  I can't imagine anyone buying a 2 group commercial and not expecting it to need at least 15A. Youre right about 20A being a pain, you can get 20A outlets that look similar to the 15A but have longer top pins, however as an electrician I would thoroughly recommend never installing or using them for something that actually chews 20A. The way the pins and the socket connect is supposedly rated at 20A but they will fail and melt and require replacement 6-12 monthly in some cases. 15A is as reliable as 10A. I'd say convert your machine to 15A to sell, it's a common plug that's likely to already have outlets in some locations.

Comment

• Sorry everyone I can’t seem to add photos but will try again. Late 50’s or 60’s Gaggia Americana, needs a lot of work, ‘gunna’ get round to it one day! Had it for 20 years... can’t get the pClick image for larger version

Name:	A5C8EA33-DFE3-4831-BAC2-6B0ABBFB3AF9.jpg
Size:	293.9 KB
ID:	749495Click image for larger version

ID:	749495hoto to be rich side up now!!

Click image for larger version

ID:	749495
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by phincala; 28th January 2019, 02:33 PM. Reason: Photo

Comment

• [ATTACH=CONFIG]21204[/ATTACH]i[ATTACH=CONFIG]21205[/ATTACH]

Comment

• Nice! My mate has a three group in his shed but would work better than yours because the levers are on the top ��

Comment

• Lol ��. Yes it would but how unusual is mine! You use the body to pull a coffee!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mycoffeejourney View Post
                            Currently 20 amp which basically means it needs to be hard wired for use. Can convert to 15amp quite easily but I’m wondering if it could run on 10. Any ideas??
                            Is this a matter of changing the logic for the element controls or are you intending fitting lower power elements?

Comment

Working...
                            X