This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vintage Extreme Machines....

I have a couple of lever machines - a 2 group Gaggia - see pic. And a 3 group La Cimbali Gran Luce. The Gran Luce I have some idea as to how old etc  as I know this machines history - but the Gaggia Im struggling with. It was originally imported from Italy by the original owner who ran a cafe in North Melbourne. I bought it in 1997 and have rebuilt one of the groups.
    But i have no idea how old it is etc. Any suggestions - Ive trawled the web for references but everything is either too old or too young.

Comment

Um... what details are on that plate on the front of the machine?

Comment

hey that is a D90 Gaggia. hade from about 1985 onwards. good machines. what are you doing with the gran luce?

Comment

Originally posted by 574651515A4B1140230 link=1243430343/75#75 date=1280982965
          I have a couple of lever machines - a 2 group Gaggia - see pic. And a 3 group La Cimbali Gran Luce. The Gran Luce I have some idea as to how old etc  as I know this machines history - but the Gaggia Im struggling with. It was originally imported from Italy by the original owner who ran a cafe in North Melbourne. I bought it in 1997 and have rebuilt one of the groups.
          But i have no idea how old it is etc. Any suggestions - Ive trawled the web for references but everything is either too old or too young.
          Check out this link for some nice machine pics, in there is a similar 2 group Gaggia from 1982

mod edit url removed- please read and adhere to site posting policy

Comment

Whoops, for some reason that link doesnt work, heres a pic

Comment

you might notice the auto "evilbay" change that was made to the link, naughty naughty no links to auction sites ;D

Nice machines too 8-)

Comment

Oh, i get it.Because it wasnt a live auction and more of an ebay feature showing 50 old coffee machines i thought it would be ok.If any one else wants to find it, try google images for gaggia lever

Comment

hey that is a D90 Gaggia. hade from about 1985 onwards. good machines. what are you doing with the gran luce?

Thanks - I had planned to strip it down and do a rebuild - but it may have to fund the Gran Luce rebuild. Gran Luce is a keeper - its complete with original front perspex etc. It was sold in Perth by the original La Cimbali agent George Samios in mid-ish 1950s.

Comment

Originally posted by 7E425F444E4F584D454E2A0 link=1243430343/76#76 date=1280984074
                    Um... what details are on that plate on the front of the machine?
                    Hmm thats helpful - plate says Gaggia, Milano followed by Export and then a serial number.
                    Thats it then, why didnt I think of that - its an Export.

Comment

Originally posted by 3A3E37343A382525510 link=1243430343/78#78 date=1280984528
                      Originally posted by 574651515A4B1140230 link=1243430343/75#75 date=1280982965
                      Check out this link for some nice machine pics, in there is a similar 2 group Gaggia from 1982

mod edit url removed- please read and adhere to site posting policy
                      Thats looking pretty similar - same bodywork, same handles etc. The style of the machine makes it look a little older than 1982.
                      Thanks for the reference.

Comment

just completed resto, gaggia classica 1954. extraction was perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by 36212F6F2527272E2D2C25420 link=1243430343/85#85 date=1287888343
                          just completed resto, gaggia classica 1954. extraction was perfect.
                          Gorgeous!

Comment

OK been meaning to show these pictures of my two favorite machines at the minute. 1976 MG/L and my 1967 Senior Line so much fun. Will show more photos when i have a chance.
                            the senior line is as it was the day it was built, it has been sitting in storage for 30 years until i aquired it a few months back.
                            MG/L has just been finished from full resto with new paint and decals.
                            enjoy

Comment

maybe pics will help

Comment

Great Restos again TCM Helps me keep plugging away on mine. On the Senior are the Steam and HW controls both on the right ?

Comment

Working...
                                X