Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conti Bar single group volumetric. HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conti Bar single group volumetric. HELP!

Hi All.
    I am new here and have come in search of help regarding my Conti Bar volumetric commercial machine.
    I bought this thing 18 months ago off ebay with a view to restoring it.
    I am 99 percent complete with the whole thing being stripped and de-scaled, o-rings replaced etc. The machine is plumbed in and ready to go but the only thing holding me back is the controller has failed. I have been in touch with Conti and they tell me that the controller is NLA :-[ After a lot of head scratching & research I have come across the Gicar 1d5 http://www.gicarsrl.com/uk/prodo/pdf.../meterings.pdf
    This seemed like a suitable replacement as it is an all in one unit similar to the original. I emailed Gicar and was directed to Boema as the Australian distributor. Boema supplied me with a part number and a price but when I emailed with a request for further information they did not reply. After waiting for a couple of weeks I decided "stuff it" the 1d5 sounds like what I want so I ordered it. (I know you can see where this is going now ) The unit arrived but the only documentation with it is a sticker on the side with a sort of a circuit diagram that isnt particularly helpful. It would appear that the unit supplied doesnt control the boiler water level and the main contactor as advertised in the Gicar PDF, however I could be wrong as the diagram on the unit is a little rudimentary.
    So my question is does any one have any information on these units? I have rang and emailed Boema but have yet to get a response. The other option here is does anyone have an inside contact at Boema that can help me out?
    I am getting desperate here as my wife broke our coffee syphon and the plunger just isnt doing it for me ;D
    Paul.

Re: Conti Bar single group volumetric. HELP!

Have you contacted Coffee parts?
    http://www.coffeeparts.com/

They might be able to help you out.

Comment

Originally posted by 2724363632243C450 link=1244608095/1#1 date=1244613533
      Have you contacted Coffee parts?
      http://www.coffeeparts.com/

They might be able to help you out.
      At this stage I am a little reluctant to contact coffeparts for support on a product I didnt buy from them. I have shopped there before and they have a good range and great service so if I get desperate I will give them a call but I want to hassle Boema for a little while yet
      Paul.

Comment

Hi Paul
        I use to import the conti range many years ago I maybe able to help you can PM me

Comment

Hi C-Mach.
          If that is the case then this is probably one of your machines
          I finally got hold of Boema and found out they had supplied me with the wrong part (well, I guess I had asked for the wrong part, but if they had replied to my original email, that would not have happened). The 1d5 will control boiler water level but has no control over the main contactor so there is no protection for the element. What I needed was a 1d5e which does have a terminal for the contactor and therefore provides some protection for the element if the boiler runs dry.
          Boema very kindly agreed to exchange the controller I had for the correct one and I have just finished installing the 1d5e this morning. I have pulled my first few shots which whilst ugly to begin with are starting to get better :P I have taken some photos and will do a brief write up of the install for posterity and any one else that may need the info in the future.
          I now have a separate problem with the procon pump which weeps a little from the end with the round metal disc with procon written on it when the pump is running. Does anyone have a source for rebuild kits for procon pumps?
          Thanks.
          Paul.

Comment

Working...
          X