Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DOUWE EGBERTS COFFEE SYSTEMS?????? Help please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DOUWE EGBERTS COFFEE SYSTEMS?????? Help please.

Hi,
    Just wanting to check if anyone knows anything about this brand of espresso machine. I am looking at getting a 2 group model and wondering if it is a quality brand? any pros or cons people have would be appreciated. will i be able to get parts easily?
    thanks

Re: DOUWE EGBERTS COFFEE SYSTEMS?????? Help please.

You mean this sort of equipment?

http://www.douweegbertscoffeesystems.com/dg/OutOfHome/OurProducts/Coffee/Cafitesse/Machines/

or this http://www.douweegbertscoffeesystems.com/hidden_eg/OutOfHome/OurProducts/Coffee/PiazzaDoroEspresso/Machines/

Is this for your home or office? It looks like a vending solution where you are committed to buy their coffee and enter into a contract.  

Comment

Doubt parts would be an issue but I wouldnt call it an espresso machine. More of a hot coffee flavored dispenser :-?.

Comment

Here is the ad. and it is for conference use mainly and some home use (really to keep it in use between events)
        DOUWE EGBERTS COFFEE SYSTEMS Espresso Machine - Made in Italy

* D.E.C.S. International 2 Group Head Espresso Machine
           * Made in Italy
           * 15 Amp / 3.6kW
           * Automatic Electronic Touch Controls
           * Stainless Steel
           * Water Filter
           * Serviced Regularly
           * Electrically tested and tagged
           * Serial #: 40455

This espresso machine is in near new condition and was used at our cafe business which we have recently moved on from. It is a high capacity 2 group head espresso machine capable of meeting any demand from a steady flow of customers to rush hour during busy lunch or morning/afternoon tea periods. The machine was purchased new for over $5000.
        It comes complete with all the required hardware including single and twin percolators, 2 steam arms, stainless steel milk jug and thermometer.
        It has been regularly serviced and has just been electrically tested and tagged. Buyer will not be dissapointed.

Comment

Hi blackbean,

I used these in a past life at the coffee academy. I *think* theyre a rebadged San Marino :-/?

FWIW, one of the least impressive espresso machines I have used. You could do a whole lot better...

2mcm

Comment

Yes, Ive used one of these too and totally agree with Chris. Needless to say, it broke down on me... :

Comment

Originally posted by 707E7371797077737C120 link=1244714687/3#3 date=1244718217
              It comes complete with all the required hardware including single and twin percolators
              :-? :question

Comment

If it draws 15 amps do you need a 15 amp power outlet ?

CS sparkies could answer that

KK

Comment

Originally posted by 7F5B525251516B7F5B47595B340 link=1244714687/7#7 date=1244730456
                  Only if you dont want to burn the building down, essentially if you try and run 15 amps through a regular 10amp circuit you run the risk of overheating the wires and causing a fire. Big no no.

Comment

Originally posted by 477B667D777661747C77130 link=1244714687/6#6 date=1244730149
                    Originally posted by 707E7371797077737C120 link=1244714687/3#3 date=1244718217
                    It comes complete with all the required hardware including single and twin percolators
                    [ch65533]:-? :question
                    I think they meant portafilters....

lol...dont think Ill ever buy a second hand machine from someone referring to the group handles as percolators....

Comment

What do you want to use this for? Office, cafe? I saw it on ebay and it is already pricey at the current bid IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by 597D747477774D597D617F7D120 link=1244714687/7#7 date=1244730456

CS sparkies could answer that
                        A standard (read un-modified) 15A plug SHOULD NOT fit into a standard 10A power point.

Comment

Originally posted by 694A53405C250 link=1244714687/11#11 date=1244788474
                          A standard (read un-modified) 15A plug SHOULD NOT fit into a standard 10A power
                          And
                          Originally posted by 4749444B5C4A4B250 link=1244714687/8#8 date=1244780802
                          Only if you dont want to burn the building down, essentially if you try and run 15 amps through a regular 10amp circuit you run the risk of overheating the wires and causing a fire. Big no no.Shocked
                          Does that plug in the photo look like a 10 amp
                          if so it is not compliant :-/

KK

Comment

Originally posted by 16323B3B38380216322E30325D0 link=1244714687/12#12 date=1244791961
                            Does that plug in the photo look like a 10 amp
                            if so it is not compliant
                            Its very hard to tell from a photo like that one. The difference between an 10A and 15A is the width of the earth pin. People have been known to file down the earth pin on a 15A plug to make it run out of a standard 10A powerpoint, which as Brett (motocoffee) pointed out is very bad ju-ju.

Comment

Hi, I just came across one of these machines but couldnt get the programming to work. Anybody have any knowledge how to do it?

Comment

Working...
                              X