La Marzocco Linea 2 Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• La Marzocco Linea 2 Group

I currently run an Expobar G10 at my market stall at Kelvin Grove in Brisbane every saturday and over the last year word has spread about our coffee and the markets have got busier and busier. We are now at capacity for a lot of the day and I am thinking about upgrading to a La Marzocco Linea 2 Group.

The expobar is giving me great shots every week with only the minor inconsistency every now and then, but where it most slows me down is frothing. I tried to upgarde to a four hole wand but we couldnt get any good milk out of it so I swapped back. I dont think it has the pressure?

Im used to a LM in my other job so I know that its not just because I cant get it under control, it just cant seem to make good milk with the 4 hole on...

So, I am thinking about upgrading. Probably before the end of the financial year so I can take advantage of this upfront depreciation thing that is on offer at the moment.

Who is a good distributor/seller to get in contact with?

Theres a small outside chance I might be after 2, so I would be looking for a good deal. But definitely looking at least 1

Thanks

Re: La Marzocco Linea 2 Group

I have a megacrem and it has a 4 hole tip and it isnt difficult to do great milk with that. There is some great ideas on technique on this forum. As for it not having the pressure then maybe you need to play with the pressurestat.

Comment

hey marcus
      dont know if youve thought about going for a 3 group, which would give you more in the steam department when you get smashed for orders?

im pretty sure Veneziano in Brissy could help you out with LM goodies

aaron

Comment

Hi Marcus,
        For some reason Veneziano will not supply you with a machine if you live in a different state.

Pedro at Coffee Parts will be able to help you.

Comment

PM sent. Hope it helps you out with your scenario.

Roger
          Supreme Roasters

Comment

@Marcus, are you running the g10 with the cool touch steam wands? If so, steam pressure is dramatically improved by removing the inner tube. They will no longer be cool touch, but the steam will be ten times better.

You could also look at replacing the wand altogether.

@Roknee, the g10 is dual boiler, so 2 or 3 grp steam pressure is the same.

Comment

Originally posted by 7C6E697E7E750C0 link=1245734976/5#5 date=1245840227
              Roknee, the g10 is dual boiler, so 2 or 3 grp steam pressure is the same

hey pberry
              happy to be wrong here but when we had a 2 group LM on the bench, i felt it didnt keep up as much as the usual 3 group LM thats normally in 1st pour, so I think that boileer size would play a part in steam ability when smashed for orders.....

aaron

Comment

Just had a look at the expobar website and the G10 is a HX not dual boiler. As for the increased steam capacity pberry pressure is the same but capacity is greatly improved with a larger element and larger boiler.

Comment

thanks for the support moto....! :-*

Comment

fair enough - but as for the G10, until it was surpassed by the expo elen it has always been available as a Hx or DB. Guess I should have asked though

Comment

Originally posted by 4A444946514746280 link=1245734976/7#7 date=1245899131
                      Just had a look at the expobar website and the G10 is a HX not dual boiler
                      Really?! Im pretty sure it is a dual boiler with a HX.

Comment

There are two(2) variants available with each of the Expobar G10, Elen and Ruggero models.

Americana (multi-boiler) or traditional (HX).

Depending on the model/version G10, it could have "3" boilers.

Comment

Originally posted by 5945455A41200 link=1245734976/10#10 date=1245935165
                          Really?! Im pretty sure it is a dual boiler with a HX.
                          Excuse my ignorance but what would be the point?

From expobars website Elen is a dual boiler, all others seem to be HX, however I dont pretend to know anymore than what is on the website. ;D

Comment

Originally posted by 5D535E514650513F0 link=1245734976/12#12 date=1246003125
                            Excuse my ignorance but what would be the point?
                            Feeding the Brew Boiler from a HX in the Steam Boiler for better temp stability ?

Comment

Originally posted by 534341524559200 link=1245734976/13#13 date=1246012686
                              Feeding the Brew Boiler from a HX in the Steam Boiler for better temp stability ?
                              Fair enough, there is a growing (I think) number of people who are steering away from temp stability being the ducks guts. LM are playing with technology which allows for baristas to program in temp profiling in the shot. But now we are going OT. ;D Would like to know if the two technologies are in any machines though.

Comment

Working...
                              X