La Cimbali Junior or Rancilio Coffee Machine[ch8207]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• La Cimbali Junior or Rancilio Coffee Machine[ch8207]

Saw these two machines in evil bay. Which one to choose? Im thinking of the Rancilio. But i dont know what is the model of the Rancilio. Does anyone have a clue?

Re: La Cimbali Junior or Rancilio Coffee Machine[ch8207]

how come the links are not working >

Comment

Originally posted by 4741535D58415A340 link=1245940511/1#1 date=1245941148
      how come the links are not working >
      Hi Tony...

As per the Site Sales and Posting Policy, links to e-bay sales are not permitted and to make it more difficult for those who might forget, e-bay becomes evilbay... :

Suggest you grab copies of the photos and any other details that may be relevant from those listings and then post em up here instead of the e-bay links,

Mal.

Comment

Oops~~Sorry MAl. I totally forget. Anyway Ive deleted the links. And here is the picture

La Cimbali Junior: It looks very tidy and clean inside. The owner wants $800 for that

Comment

Here is the Rancilio: I dont know the condition of this machine. But Im organising an inspection with the owner. The owner said the machine has been serviced and descaled regularly. The asking price is $570. I dont know the model of this machine. Just wondering it is hard to find parts for Rancilio machine? I mean in case sth happen. I reckon Ill replace the seal anyway after i buy it.

Comment

Here is the outside of the La Cimbali

Comment

My other question is how can i get that plumb in? Im planning to put the machine in my laundry and share the same cold water outlet with my washing machine. Does this work? Or I really need to purchase an external pump

Tony.

Comment

Also, what is the baskets size? Ive a 58mm tamper at the moment

Comment

Originally posted by 4640525C59405B350 link=1245940511/6#6 date=1245969478
                  My other question is how can i get that plumb in? Im planning to put the machine in my laundry and share the same cold water outlet with my washing machine. Does this work?
                  would be fine I think. Not sure if the la cimbali is tank though?

Also the rancilio I assume is 15amps+.

Originally posted by 4640525C59405B350 link=1245940511/7#7 date=1245970023
                  Also, what is the baskets size? Ive a 58mm tamper at the moment
                  Rancilio is 58mm.

Comment

Originally posted by 2B2E22262E217E4F0 link=1245940511/8#8 date=1245993505
                    Originally posted by 4640525C59405B350 link=1245940511/6#6 date=1245969478
                    My other question is how can i get that plumb in? Im planning to put the machine in my laundry and share the same cold water outlet with my washing machine. Does this work?  
                    would be fine I think.  Not sure if the la cimbali is tank though?  
                    Cimbali is plumbed (sorry cant help with this aspect), but is 10amp

Comment

Just wondering, what is the consequences if i dont use a water filter? If i descale the machine every month, is that mean i can still prevent scale build up?

Comment

The La Cimbali basket looks smaller than 58mm. DOes anyone know what is the size?

Comment

Originally posted by 484E5C52574E553B0 link=1245940511/11#11 date=1246003025
                          The La Cimbali basket looks smaller than 58mm. DOes anyone know what is the size?
                          Theyre 58mm. At least mine is and as far as I know theyve not made any changes.

Java "Votes for the Cimbali" phile
                          Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Thx Javaphile. How much does Cimbali Junior normally cost? Is $800 reasonable? Also, which site sponsor sale Cimbali part?

Just wanna know, will it work if i share the same outlet with my washing machine? Thats the only place i can do the plumbing. Other method Im thinking of is plumbed water from a jelly can. But i dont know how to do it. Do i need to buy a pump to generate the pressure? Cos Im renting, I cant drill holes in my bench.

Comment

Im in the US Tony so Im not familiar with pricing in AUS. With that said however used Cimbli Jrs in working order typically sell for $USD1,000 or more. New I think they retail for about $USD3,000. If I came across one at $AUS800 Id snap it up in a heartbeat! It should be the last espresso machine youll ever need! Cimbalis are built like tanks and with no volumetric functions on it theres very little to go wrong. Using good water and with the normal maintenance and occasional gasket replacements youll be passing it down to your kids.

Cimbali says with the rotary pump you must plumb it in. Running it from a bottle is a no-no. With that said however I have seen several Cimbalis with rotary pumps running from bottles. Ive even done it for a short time myself. But I dont think Id want to do it for any length of time.

As tot he power point question Im afraid someone more familiar with the wiring in AUS will have to answer that question.

Site sponsor Coffee Parts (http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1163932306) carries a full line of Cimbali parts in Oz.

Java "Loves his Cimbali!" phile
                              Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X