Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LM GS/3. Paddle or no paddle?

Gday all....

With 2 x GS/3 going out over the weekend, my order has gone to the back of the queue. Gavin got my regular GS/3 and I will grab his paddle model (at present anyway)...

In consideration:

Paddle version. You get preinfusion if you are plumbed in- which I am. The volumetric buttons stay, but they are used only to program the machine- nothing else whatsoever.

Volumetric (standard version). Preinfusion, BUT, only if you use the set single and double shot buttons. Use it manually and no preinfusion.

I think its weird that you have buttons on the paddle machine identical to those on the standard one- but the buttons effectively do nothing.

Im thinking of ditching the paddle order and getting a regular one...

Thoughts all?

Chris

Re: LM GS/3. Paddle or no paddle?

You can cut a shot off early with the volumetric buttons cant you? So program one of them for a very long shot, get the preinfusion & use it as if its manual.

Comment

Paddle...

Cause it looks waaay cooler... 8-)

And your friends will be really impressed...

Comment

Chris,

I have programmed my double shot button to go further than what is needed for two shots therefore its pretty much like a manual button with preinfusion.

Comment

Originally posted by 3D2A3E3F31590 link=1246259747/1#1 date=1246260519
          You can cut a shot off early with the volumetric buttons cant you?  So program one of them for a very long shot, get the preinfusion & use it as if its manual.

What he said

Comment

Cant comment until I see and use one in the flesh am I dreaming ?

I made the above comment for all the dreamers :

KK

Comment

Hhhmm.  

Preinfusion, you say.  I have been known to say that if you gave me a car/motorbike/pushbike/skateboard/jockstrap with 1000 settings, I would have 999 chances to get it wrong.  And I may not recognise the one time I got it right!

I am playing around with the preinfusion on my GS/3, and must admit that I am not sure that I always change it in the right direction (anyone got any suggestions for settings?).  And I like the suggestion from dsfgh - must try.

Given the price difference, and the "work in progress" status, Id skip the paddle for now.

Cheers,

shaun

Comment

Are you crazy? Paddle group FTW!~

Ability to control preinfusion manually....I wish I could have a machine like that. Actually Im itching to jump on the Cafenatics FB70s with paddles. I think some of the boys working on the machines are preinfusing at 3 bar for 8 seconds then pull pressure.

Go paddle group, Chris! Plus those GS3 buttons look small and hard to get to. Plus you do the Toshi trick and turn the group off with your head or something while steaming milk if your other hand is doing something else ;D

Comment

For my own curiosity what is a "paddle" or "paddle group". Im sure others are thinking the same.

I read Chriss explanation in the OP but it explains the differences to volumetric, not what it is or what it looks like.

No, Im not going to vote in the poll without trying both.

Comment

Hi Flynn,

I found a graphic of the paddle GS/3..

The group is operated by the paddle on top- Synesso style..

2mcm

Comment

Thanks 2mcm

I think I understand but would probably need to see it in action to fully appreciate.

Comment

err more like Marzocco style. Marzocco had paddles before synesso, that and the engineers from Synesso are ex-Marzocco.

Comment

Correct you are Wushoes.

My comment was more based on providing terms of reference rather than an historical account

Flynn- here is a youtube to check out

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Kv_M7orc8w[/media]

Chris

Comment

Got it. thanks mate.
                            Interesting that he hit the paddle even before inserting the porta..errr...group handle. Is that just efficiency to fill the pre-infusion chamber or just returning to a starting position?

Oh well when I win the $90 mill tonight, I guess I could consider buying one [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Flynn

Comment

Originally posted by 464C594E4E415553200 link=1246259747/13#13 date=1246356632
                              Interesting that he hit the paddle even before inserting the porta..errr...group handle. Is that just efficiency to fill the pre-infusion chamber or just returning to a starting position?
                              Just routine flushing I reckon.

Comment

Working...
                              X