Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats the Size of Group Seals for ExpoBar Megacrem 2 Group Commercial?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the Size of Group Seals for ExpoBar Megacrem 2 Group Commercial?

Hi All

Does anyone know the Group Seal size for an ExpoBar Megacrem 2 Group Commercial Machine?

Thankyou in Advance

Brett

Re: Whats the Size of Group Seals for ExpoBar Megacrem 2 Group Commercial?

Brett, you will probably have more luck with this thread in the Extreme Machines ($3000+) section. Otherwise try Expobar Australia (google it)

Comment

or give coffeeparts a call

Coffee Parts

Phone: 02 9666 6114

and ask nicely

Comment

Wow another Brett who owns a Megacrem ;D (we are slowly taking over the world), if you find they are unusual could you let me know. I would imagine they are just standard 58mm?

Comment

58mm diameter (a common size for many espresso machines).

generally 8mm thick, depending upon the condition of the group, you may need to get the thin packing spacers.

Comment

As Maheel said, check with Coffee Parts.

My Expobar Leva prefers an 8.5mm rather than the 8mm one.

If the Megacrem is similar to my Leva you dont want to guess on the thickness.

Comment

Please look at a mod edit- there are plenty of CS sponsors who can supply these. Link to UK site removed. Please support our sponsors . Phone them and they will tell you exactly what you need.  By the way I am not affiliated to them in any way other than I have an account with them. However I ask them what I need and , on ordering, I have it next day delivery!

Comment

Might be best to stick to Aus suppliers for the moment, dont imagine that a UK based supplier would deliver to Australia overnight. ;D

Comment

Not the point I was trying to make. What I was saying was that they will tell you , Free of charge, what profile you need. Also, although the site I know is uk based, it is international with its overall owner being Iberital. They have the sharpest prices I have encountered in years

Comment

Originally posted by 504541524C595041444459200 link=1249298696/8#8 date=1249942768
                    Not the point I was trying to make. What I was saying was that they will tell you , Free of charge, what profile you need. Also, although the site I know is uk based, it is international with its overall owner being Iberital. They have the sharpest prices I have encountered in years
                    No need to do that. We have plenty of sponsor suppliers who will happily assist with group seals. No rocket science there :-?. Its what they do.

CS members like to support the sponsors that make this site possible.

Links to UK site have been removed.

2mcm
                    mod team

Comment

Originally posted by 3D282C3F21343D2C2929344D0 link=1249298696/8#8 date=1249942768
                      Not the point I was trying to make. What I was saying was that they will tell you , Free of charge,
                      we no you were only offering help CCare its just a site rule to not put up commercial links that are not sponsors. Dont let it worry you just a rule.....
                      best way is to PM a none sponsor link then everyone is happy.
                      the sponsors really look after CSrs so the site looks after them

I am not a mod or a sponsor but love the CS community :-*

Comment

I have just bought a 1 group megacrem. 8 years old, just sat in a public bar and has ocassionally been used and rarely serviced. The group seal and the wire screen need replacement. I can get the parts, but can someone please tell me how to remove the screen and the seal?
                        I am also looking for a 2 cup portafilter and basket, if anyone has a spare lying around collecting dust.    Thanks.

Comment

screen: if there is a screw you undo it and then the screen and maybe the bit of brass (water distribution block( behind it come out

for the seal i often screw in a big screw into the seal and grab some pliers and pull the seal out. if its old it might break into bits, then just dig them out gently or put the screw in a new spot and repeat then clean the group head really well prior to the new seal going in.

you can use the group handle to help push the seal up into place a bit to by locking it in gently as it pushes the seal up for you

Comment

Screen: no screw, unfortunately. Just a plain screen with a few kinks!! On the top of the group head, inside the machine there is a hex nut which points down to the bottom of the head. But I am reluctant to try loosening this yet. Thanks

Comment

All done. I just stuck in a screw driver and levered it out. It was FILTHY. Definetly needs a new one.

Comment

Working...
                              X