New Machine :) :) Rocket Giotto Professional

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Machine :) :) Rocket Giotto Professional

Hey guys, its been about 6 months since i first posted here, and started the search for a new machine.

About a month or so ago, the Rocket Giotto Professional landed in australia, and it is pretty much everything i was looking for in a machine except for a double boiler, but due to the price of the GS3 or the single group Synesso Cyncra, i had to compromise on this front.

Anyway, i placed an order on the machine about 2 weeks ago and i am getting it tomorrow!

In preparation for the machine, i have got the plumbing done, with a 350kpa pressure reducer, and a High Flow Sedement + Carbon filter

Also picked up a  58mm Tamper Base + powder coated handle yesterday, which i love because it is the only tamper i have had which feels really solid, and has a bit of weight behind it.

As soon as the thing arrives tomorrow morning i will upload some photos for you all to see, and of course start pulling some shots

Cheers

Tom.

Re: New Machine Rocket Giotto Professional

Good stuff Tom-Tom and congrats.

Theyre an excellent machine and I have one on my bench too.

Be VERY careful to use 2 spanners on the water inlet to the machine as the brass bush connector will definitely crack if you dont -and the result will be  . You should have received instructions in the box with your machine.

Enjoy!

2mcm

Comment

Yeah the guys at the shop unboxed one for me last week and showed me that, and i also got a copy of that plumbing sheet, so i could get it all ready before it arrived.

Out of interest, have you had any clogs in your drain pipe yet? it seemed to be quite thin.

Comment

Originally posted by 2E3537772E35375A0 link=1249600062/2#2 date=1249600792
        Out of interest, have you had any clogs in your drain pipe yet? it seemed to be quite thin
        No- all good for me, but I am using a very short run and then into 1/2". Do try to keep the drain hose as straight as possible...

2mcm

Comment

With the higher prices of coffee machines in Australia, perhaps this forum should go to $4000+ congrats on the rotary pump love!

Comment

Ill be waiting for some pictures.........

Good stuff!!!

Congrats tomtom

Comment

Unfortunately not going very well here

The machine leaked like mad when i first plumbed it, so after putting thread tape on all the connections rocket neglected to, it stopped for about an hour.

This morning i came down to find a huge puddle of water below the machine

Anyway so i went over and tightened the stupid brass fitting on the bottom, and managed to make that split.

After a fair amount of investigation i believe the initial dripping came from the silly elbow joint that allows the pipe to rotate, which in my mind is a useless piece of over engineering.

Going to ring the supplier tomorrow and get them to come over and let them fix it so i dont void the warranty.

Assuming rocket allow it, as to not void the warranty, i would like to have the rotatable elbow joint removed and have a solid brass elbow installed

Comment

Originally posted by 015E46505B505C555556565E525D330 link=1249600062/1#1 date=1249600565
                Good stuff Tom-Tom and congrats.

Theyre an excellent machine and I have one on my bench too.

Be VERY careful to use 2 spanners on the water inlet to the machine as the brass bush connector will definitely crack if you dont -and the result will be  . You should have received instructions in the box with your machine.

Enjoy!

2mcm

Originally posted by 475C5E1E475C5E330 link=1249600062/6#6 date=1249797008
                The machine leaked like mad when i first plumbed it, so after putting thread tape on all the connections rocket neglected to, it stopped for about an hour.

This morning i came down to find a huge puddle of water below the machine

Anyway so i went over and tightened the stupid brass fitting on the bottom, and managed to make that split.
                and

Originally posted by 475C5E1E475C5E330 link=1249600062/6#6 date=1249797008
                After a fair amount of investigation i believe the initial dripping came from the silly elbow joint that allows the pipe to rotate, which in my mind is a useless piece of over engineering.

Going to ring the supplier tomorrow and get them to come over and let them fix it so i dont void the warranty.

Assuming rocket allow it, as to not void the warranty, i would like to have the rotatable elbow joint removed and have a solid brass elbow installed

Interesting...

Comment

Not sure if the above post was trying to be constructive or just try to prove im an idiot, which i am not.

I followed the instructions word by word. Used two spanners, and followed all other applicable directions from both manual and supplier, yet it continued to leak

Comment

Originally posted by 6B7072326B70721F0 link=1249600062/8#8 date=1249797447
                    Not sure if the above post was trying to be constructive or just try to prove im an idiot, which i am not.

I followed the instructions word by word. Used two spanners, and followed all other applicable directions from both manual and supplier, yet it continued to leak
                    NOT at all...

Comment

Come on AM give the man a break :

However I did chuckle at the comedy of errors but felt sorry for you Tom Tom that you wont be using your machine for a few more days

KK

Comment

Haha yeah well as you said it, its just disappointing.

The Brass fitting is a cinch to replace, they have them for 75c at the local hardware store.

Where the issue lies is if the supplier can get the rotating input thing to stop dripping.

I guess you just have to expect things to go wrong on something this new

Comment

Originally posted by 564D4F0F564D4F220 link=1249600062/11#11 date=1249801209
                          Where the issue lies is if the supplier can get the rotating input thing to stop dripping.
                          These "Rotoseal" fittings are generally not serviceable components so if its leaking, it needs to be replaced and may be covered under warranty if it is deemed you didnt cause the problem. All the best mate, hope it works out OK...

Mal.

Comment

ECA bench test every Giotto Pro they sell, so it would have been hooked up and at pressure. So far, I am yet to see a rotoseal leak but I have cracked the brass connector on one as I didnt read the manual before I installed it :. Is the leak from the brass nipple or from the rotoseal?

ECA provide connection instructions with Giotto Pro machines as they do need a little care....

Fortunately, replacement is inexpensive and relative easy.

Chris

Comment

from what i could see, it was leaking from the rotoseal, but i may be wrong.

when i first connected the machine it sprayed water from the seal between the brass fitting and the rotoseal, so i removed the brass fitting and put some thread tape between it and the rotoseal.

For the first 4 hours of operation, there was no leaks, then after that there was a small dribble, which overnight progressed to a small spray.

Comment

Working...
                              X