Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best machine for a mobile run. Max $5000.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best machine for a mobile run. Max $5000.

Hello everyone, New so please be patient with me. Starting up a small mobile coffee run and was interested in your expertise as to what would be the best machine for the job. 2 group bullet proof, look good and cost a max of $5000. Look forward to your responses. Thanks guys.

Re: Best machine for a mobile run. Max $5000.

Oh and by the way what would be the best grinder as well. Must be compact.

Comment

You would be lucky to find anything new for that price let alone fit the "bullet proof" requirements. You will also need to think about wattage (too small and you cant keep up and too much and you wont be able to find mains power at events to run off), boiler size etc. I assume you are in Melbourne so you wouldnt be restricted by brands for my part I am happy with my setup.

Comment

Hi Espresso,

Much of the Expobar HX range will be within budget- 2 group Silvestre, Ebica, Megacrem. Even the 2 group G10 goes close. In compacts, 2 group compact Elegance and Megacrem are well within budget.

As for grinder, go Mazzer SJ or better or equivalent Macap or Compak. You will probably need a decaf grinder as well?

Drop me a line if we can assist.

Chris

Comment

Thanks guys for your quick responses. Ill prob go for the megacrem. Looks nice and had a look at the stats and looks good. As for grinders ye the mazzer sj looks like the one. Thanks.

Comment

Make sure you go the high group option!

Comment

dont know if this is available in the underworld (i live in the uk) however if you look at the Marcus 2 group plus from stafco (a swiss company) you will find a machine with an integral grinder minimising its footprint and delivering a bloody good cup. Balance is the issue so that if you have a genny throwing out 3kw then you are ok cos two versions are available, 1.8 and 2.5kw leaving a bit for lights and coolers.
              Hope this helps

Comment

Investigate the 50% small business investment allowance - might allow you to get a better machine.
                http://www.ato.gov.au/taxprofessionals/content.asp?doc=/Content/00175431.htm

Comment

Originally posted by 2E3B3F2C32272E3F3A3A275E0 link=1249788553/6#6 date=1250210227
                  3kw then you are ok
                  I would be cautious using such a small gen set as you would work it too hard (shortening its life considerably). Havent heard of that brand in Aus, might be imported under a different name though.

Comment

Working...
                  X