No announcement yet.

La Pavoni machine....I know nothing!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• La Pavoni machine....I know nothing!!!

Hi everyone!! My name is Evelyn and I was wondering if you could help me?

I just bought a shop with this coffee machine already installed, working perfectly, with a commercial grinder etc,but I am not wanting to use it. I am looking into getting a fully automatic machine.

So, what would the going rate be on something like this? I dont even drink coffee so I have no ideas about these things.

Even a guesstimate would be appreciated. Hubby says to put it on Ebay, so I was wondering what I should ask for it, or if anyone knows a better place to sell it. I really just want it gone as its taking up valuable bench space.

Thanks for any replies and to the mods, if this post is inappropriate, feel free to move or delete.

Evelyn

Re: La Pavoni machine....I know nothing!!!

Are you doing this because you dont like coffee?? dont the customers have a say
    If you put in an Auto you may loose a regular clientèle
    So is it worth it ??

Take a barista course and learn the ropes before making such bid decisions

The coffee wont be the same from an Automatic (read it as worse)

Auto will cost a packet
    Maintenance will cost a packet
    Cleaning regime will be more intensive

The system you have already is proven by time thats why 99.9999 % of cafes use your current set up

KK

Comment

Sorry I have tried to reply a number of times but it keeps telling me I am spamming and bans me for awhile. I will try again in a moment.

Comment

The reason we have decided to sell is that we dont really sell a lot of coffees, so the cost of keeping the machine going 12 hours a day for the maybe 10-15 coffees a day that we sell is not worth it.

We mainly get truckies who want a quick two minute stop and they dont want to wait around for coffee. The previous owner (who is a trained Barista of 30+ years and makes fantastic coffee) freely admits that coffee sales have gone down since he replaced his auto machine with the manual one.

I asked a couple of customers if they would mind going back to the auto machine and all of them said "No problem, its was good coffee and quicker"

Just not worth it.

Comment

You try a sponsor like Cosmorex as they sell commercial grade Automatic machines

Ask if they will do a trade in

KK

Comment

where is it located?

it looks in good condition, grinder looks older.

2group machines sell well if in good condition

Comment

Originally posted by 6576616C696E6166000 link=1250074230/3#3 date=1250076175
              The previous owner (who is a trained Barista of 30+ years and makes fantastic coffee) freely admits that coffee sales have gone down since he replaced his auto machine with the manual one.
              Interesting...  I can see by teh pics that it has been well looked after....   :-/

A good barista / operator should be able to provide quality coffee in a time frame that would be acceptable on a manual system....

But if your only doing 15 - 20 a day... Then a small system that does not take up as much space will also give you some more working area...

Remember, that if sales do go up, you will need to manage any growth..

As KK stated... Chat to a sponsor, they may be in a position to offer any number of options..

Comment

Thanks for the replies everyone, much appreciated.

Luckily the owner has the auto machine he used still in the shed and has offered it to us for it to us for $500 pending a once over from a service rep. The rep came over today, cleaned it out, which was a one minute job, checked everything and says its perfect. When told how much the owner offered it to us for, he turned around and offered us $2000 for it. Apparently its one of the best on the market for that kind of machine in the smaller output variety. So we will probably take the auto.

Anyway, so I dont need a trade in, just an approximate value. Believe me, I just want it gone.....I have other things that need to go in that space.

The machine is located at a deli/snackbar on Hampstead Road, Broadview and is still all hooked up with all the water filters, temperature gauges for the milk, a stack of coffee cups (more than we will ever use) which would most likely go with the machineif they were wanted.. Plus the coffee grinds bin thing.

Grinder is old but good according to the old owner.

So, any ideas on value? I just want a quick, but fair sale.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Comment

Also forgot to mention, There are only two people working in the shop (hubby & I) , and when you have three or four people wanting hot dogs, another wanting cigs, another wanting a pie, you just cant waste time frothing milk, grinding the coffee, tamping it down,etc.

Also, we work from 7 till 7 Monday till Saturday and 8 till 3 on Sunday. I am not taking a Barista course in what little spare time I have.

The previous owner admits it was an ego thing,,,,he knows he makes a great coffee and enjoys everything about it. It satisfied him in a way that the auto machine didnt. I fully understand that. But it probably costs more money to run than we probably make out of it in the long run.

Also, I want consistency. I want the same coffee going out every time I make it. I make very average coffee because I dont like it, not even the smell. Hubby like coffee and enjoys a good one, so his seem to come out better. However customers prefer a consistently good cup of coffee, rather than a good one on Monday and then a crappy one on Tuesday. a decent one on Wednesday, a great one Thursday etc.

Auto can do that, manual cant, at least not with us as operators.

Essentially its a snack bar with coffee to go rather than a cafe where you can sit down and enjoy the coffee experience.

Comment

Someone on here may be interested in purchasing your set up

The grinder will sell quicker than the machine

Just read the Items for sale rules first

But alas you still need a price ??
                    I have not seen any recently so I cant even guess

KK

Comment

Oh, I wasnt aware you could sell on here. I need to take a closer look I guess.lol

Without checking the sales rules, can people just offer what they would be willing to pay, or do you need a firm price?

Thanks KK you have been very helpful!

Comment

A firm price at first if no bites you can reduce
                        Members can also PM (personal message) to make an offer
                        Thats about it
                        Go check out the Equipment for sale area

KK

Comment

well if it was me

i would be buying the auto and setting it up, but for a few weeks / months i would be keeping the Pavoni in the shed (or even at the back of the shop)

sure you can sell it for 800 - 2k depending on many things, timeframe / buyers / need for $$$.

But right now you have some good options, spend 500 and get the auto you say is worth more (thats a small outlay in the coffee world)
                          and you also keep the Pav in case things change.

Can you change you shop business plan to start selling "real" coffee in the near future? might be a new cash flow, you could advertise outside a "happy hour" maybe in mornings at a slight discounted to normal prices say $2.50. If your in Adelaide your in a nice spot for traffic looking at google maps.

looking at the machine it might be about 3500watts, would cost to run roughly $1.20 per hour based on my rate at home.

Your on coffeesnobs, we like our coffee to be GREAT, but the truth is many coffee shops sell average coffee thats not hard to make fairly well. The 50 million coffee shops in most cities tell me there must be a few dollars in coffee.....

Sounds like your new to the shop, dont write off opportunities as "to hard" hang back get a feel for it and see if you can make a change?

Good luck
                          Leeham

Comment

sad day for coffee lovers everywhere (well in SA anyway.....)

noticed they have it for sale [smiley=evil.gif]bay

hope they make a go of it at their shop

Comment

Originally posted by 69656C616168040 link=1250074230/13#13 date=1252623828
                              sad day for coffee lovers everywhere
                              Why is this a sad thing? The owner/operater themselves admitted that they make pretty average coffee. In my opinion everyone is better off if they werent seriously in to coffee.

Id rather have a glutt of places with super autos making consistently average coffee and a few places making sensational coffee than a glutt of places with manual machines making $h!t in a mug.

By the shop moving to a super auto, it sounds like both the clientele and owners are happy. And hopefully the new owner of this La Pavoni will give it a loving home. Win/Win/Win.

Hopefully the new owner will clean that grinder and steam wand too.

Comment

Working...
                              X