Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photos of Elektra T1

Hi Everyone

I just wanted to share some photos of my new machine.
    Its an Elektra T1. Some basic info as follows:
    * Group Head: E-61
    * Boiler: Single - Heat exchanger
    * Capacity: 6 litres
    * Element: 1800 watts
    * Style: Volumetric
    * Weight: 32 kg

Ive had it about 2 weeks now and Ive got to say "IT ROCKS".

Steaming is amazing and Ive not had any trouble getting good results with microfoam.

The group head while ostensibly an E-61 is subtly different from my previous Expobar Minore II. The shower screen sits lower in the head and I have to be careful not to overdose. I cant explain why but it is vastly easier to keep clean compared to the Minore.

Overall the bling factor is high and I love it.
    [hr]
    Day 1 - Unpacking: Included were two Elektra group handles, a spare generic naked group handle, a fat manual, an everpure water filter with scale reduction cartridge, high quality water tubing (in the padded bags), and a pressure limiting valve.

[hr]
    Some shots of the front panel. The finish is ultra polished stainless steel with screen printed text.

[hr]
    Controls

[hr]

[hr]

[hr]
    Back Panel

[hr]
    Elektra and Rocky

;D ;D

Re: Photos of Elektra T1

just a slight bugger the naked group handle is generic... great looking machine

Comment

that is a sweet pickup.
      elektra nino grinder should pair nicely...
      let us know about the kind of shots youre getting

Comment

Wow! Thats a beauty. Do you find that it runs fairly hot and requires quite a lot of flushing or not? Curious to know how forgiving & stable it is temp wise? Is it easy to adjust temp?

Comment

Originally posted by 0A3D3B2B2031480 link=1251903814/3#3 date=1251944379
          Wow! Thats a beauty.   Do you find that it runs fairly hot and requires quite a lot of flushing or not? Curious to know how forgiving & stable it is temp wise? Is it easy to adjust temp?  
          Thanks!

No its super stable and doesnt require more than one cooling flush prior to pulling a shot. Im pleasantly surprised, as I was actually expecting it to be a fire breather and require several cooling flushes.

Im not sure but this could be due to the vendor tuning it for me prior to taking delivery.

While I havent tried this yet, I understand that as a commercial grade machine, I can have full access to the internals in about 2 minutes. So adjusting the OPV would be trivial.

Once Ive settled it in with permanent plumbing - Ill take some photos of the internals. Ive got the plumber coming next week. Currently, my plumbing is jury rigged and the wife is a little unhappy that one of her cupboard drawers is sitting on the floor (see below).

Regardless, it is a total pleasure to use. I just love how it looks as well.

Comment

If it is plumbed and using a rotary pump you dont adjust the brew pressure with the opv. On a rotary you adjust the pressure on the pump itself - the opv is there as a saftey valve.

Comment

Originally posted by 032F3C3A272F2211032120252B374E0 link=1251903814/5#5 date=1251965799
              If it is plumbed and using a rotary pump you dont adjust the brew pressure with the opv. On a rotary you adjust the pressure on the pump itself - the opv is there as a saftey valve.  
              - Silly me. Thats just my lazy thinking at work, having only ever had vibe pumps previously. Yes it is a rotary and of course you are correct.

Comment

Beautiful machine man. Glad youre pairing it up with an awesome Everpure filter

Comment

Whats the 0-1 dial just on or off? The graphic on it makes it look as if there are more options then that.

Comment

Its a few  ( 3 or so ) years since I looked at Elektra and received
                    catalogues from Bexley . Is your new baby still in the $6300 region ?  
                    Hope you get many years of satisfaction  

Comment

Freak that is nice 8-)

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by 735159425E43735F56565555300 link=1251903814/9#9 date=1252014934
                        Is your new baby still in the $6300 region ?  
                        I believe they now retail for just under $5000 ex gst before any discount.

Comment

Wow...what a beauty.  The T1 and the G3 are on the top of my list for the future. Thanks for the beautiful photos and sharing your knowledge

Comment

Working...
                          X