Cyncrastein...You like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cyncrastein...You like?

Five Senses’ Richard Muhl, is attempting to combine a Synesso Cyncra group head and boiler with an Isomac to produce a hybrid domestic espresso machine ....

Finally an Isomac which is attractive to me :P

Re: Cyncrastein...You like?

caught my eye too... think he could be persuaded to do a series?
    or a few extra proto-types??
    id be happy to test it for him

L

Comment

Originally posted by 6B342C3A313A363F3F3C3C343837590 link=1252311981/0#0 date=1252311981
      Five Senses’ Richard Muhl, is attempting to combine a Synesso Cyncra group head and boiler with an Isomac to produce a hybrid domestic espresso machine ....

Finally an Isomac which is attractive to me :P
      If only a synesso group and boiler would fall off a truck out the front of my house. :P

Where does one find one without dismantling a cyncra? do they sell them as spare parts?

Comment

Five Senses are the local importers of Synesso kit so I imagine they would have a few spares floating around :. ;D

Comment

would prefer a Cyncra really this thing has a tiny cup tray, even compared to my Galatea!

Comment

so is this a single boiler? I cant imagine the Isomac having space for 2. I suppose it wouldnt matter. I doubt I would drink anything but espresso if I had it on my bench.

Comment

Its going to be a dual boiler machine. The original isomac boiler will be retained as a dedicated steam boiler. Space is tight but it should fit ok. Actually, Im building some brackets for it now. You can follow my blog at :   Commercial link removed by Mods

Comment

That is just too cool! Love it.

Looking through your flikr photos, may the pump be too close to the boiler?

Cant wait to see the finished product Richard

Cheers,
                Ben

Comment

I have toyed with the idea of placing a heat shield between the two boilers and the pump. Opinions are mixed. Some say that heat rises etc but I tend to agree with you that radiated heat will be an issue. I will insulate the steam boiler though. The Electronics will go underneath so they should be ok. ~richard

Comment

Originally posted by 4D520D0F0F0F3F0 link=1252311981/8#8 date=1252382019
                    I will insulate the steam boiler though.The Electronics will go underneath so they should be ok. ~richard
                    Hi Richard
                    This is the perfect insulation material for you
                    And from a WA company    close to home for you

Look at the
                    Paper - can be cut with scissors to any shape
                    Blanket - a little thicker

Both Rated to 1250°C
                    http://www.mathews.com.au/ceramic_insulation.htm

Best of luck
                    KK

Comment

This stuff looks perfect. They have 1 meter 3mm thick paper offcuts for about $40. Thanks for pointing me. ~richard

Comment

Id be very careful with the ceramic paper- it has health concerns associated with it- I still have a slightly rattly throat at times Im fairly certain is associated with having insulated a boiler on an old machine with it.
                        Brett :-[

Comment

I reckon Mal might have some valuable input here... he gave me similar advice when I was looking to insulate the boiler in my Faema.

Comment

Ceramic insulation is typically designed to be encased when installed. Do a search on here for posts dealing with this issue before using it and be very sure/clear on exactly what it is you are buying.

Java "Likes his lungs with-out fibers in them" phile
                            Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 0C273027362E2F2A23460 link=1252311981/13#13 date=1252472564
                              Ceramic insulation is typically designed to be encased when installed. Do a search on here for posts dealing with this issue before using it and be very sure/clear on exactly what it is you are buying.

Java "Likes his lungs with-out fibers in them" phile
                              Absolutely....

Think ASBESTOS when contemplating the use of ceramic/rock-wool fibre in its many forms. It is NOT intended for casual use by laypersons who arent aware of all the safety precautions necessary and the safety equipment associated with its use.

There are much better alternatives around including woven fibreglass blankets, long strand biosoluble fibreglass matt, and some rubber foam materials that go under many propriety names. If you do a search of the site under boiler insulation, you should turn up a lot of useful information.

All the best,
                              Mal.

Comment

Working...
                              X