Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• procon pump - metal filter in pump housing

Hello All,

The procon pump in my Bezzera DB3000 2GR has a metal cylindrical screen behind a plug in the pump housing. I inspected it and it appears to be mostly blocked. Does it come out of the screw in brass plug it is in? Can I soak it in citric acid to clean it? Would this explain the noisy pump I have? I have been running this machine for a few months reliably and am now looking at fixing it up.

Thanks,
    Rider

Re: procon pump - metal filter in pump housing

Hi rider,
    your pump is a series 1 procon, and the mesh screen is removable to enable periodic cleaning.
    You could soak in citric acid or use a commercial cleaner like Bombora clean machine activated descaler, and use a small wire brush.

Good luck,

Sooty

Comment

Thanks Sooty for the info. I cleaned it in citric acid and a lot of junk fell off it - I suspect that some of it was algae from the tank I was feeding it from. Yes, I know - gross. It came up real pretty, that is serious stuff citric acid. The pump is still noisy but runs quiet at times, I suspect that the water is somehow running back down the hose and the pump is starting unprimed each time. So, I am thinking of getting a light proof container to feed it from that I can elevate, like a jerry can.

The mesh filter never came out (stuck tight) - after I purchase a spare I will replace it (as it feels like it might break and I dont want to run without it). My next job is to pull apart the screen and washers in one of the groups and get replacements and fit them.

Thank You
      Rider

Comment

if your running the water tank below the pump fair chance its draining back to the tank and your running the pump "dry" and may be doing damage to the pump ( may already be damaged if noisey).

you can use a back flow preventer on the hose to stop the water draining away or put your tank higher than the pump. Making your pump external under the bench with the tank could also be an option

that filter looks a lot cleaner now

Comment

Originally posted by 666A636E6E670B0 link=1257847461/3#3 date=1257934417
          you can use a back flow preventer on the hose to stop the water draining away or put your tank higher than the pump. Making your pump external under the bench with the tank could also be an option

that filter looks a lot cleaner now
          Known in the trade as a "Check Valve" or "1-Way Valve"....

Mal.

Comment

Originally posted by 44696D616C000 link=1257847461/4#4 date=1257951342
            Known in the trade as a "Check Valve" or "1-Way Valve"....
            I just put one on a rain water tank for exactly the same purpose (pump above tank) - about $20 from bunnings. I assume you dont need anything more special for a coffee machine?

Comment

Originally posted by 484D41454D421D2C0 link=1257847461/5#5 date=1258013408
              I just put one on a rain water tank for exactly the same purpose (pump above tank) - about $20 from bunnings.  I assume you dont need anything more special for a coffee machine?  
              Nope, that would be fine.... 8-)

Just need to make sure you fit it such that the pump always remains flooded and ready to go

Mal.

Comment

Working...
              X