Elektra Modern T-S 2 Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elektra Modern T-S 2 Group

Anyone have one of these here? Any opinions?

still looking for a machine for our office with about 8kg a week consumed currently.

Any advice would be great.

Re: Elektra Modern T-S 2 Group

Originally posted by 6C7C62777568767F631A0 link=1267871675/0#0 date=1267871675
    Anyone have one of these here? Any opinions?

still looking for a machine for our office with about 8kg a week consumed currently.

Any advice would be great.
    You want a machine thats easy to use & makes good coffee time and time again
    Rugged, reliable and well made cos it will get knocked about

In a office it helps if its easy to clean

I have seen the Bezzera Elise in the flesh and its a good machine and covers all of the above

There are other suitable machines but will leave comments to others

KK

Comment

Ill put my hand up for the expobar range, but as usual find a supplier close to you who can support the brand and go from there.

Comment

Hello vfxmorley,

from extensive experience of coffee and equipment business, and in supplying home, cafe and office clients, and with specific regard to your business enquiry.

If your coffee supplier is local to you please contact him and ask what he recommends or is a sales and service agent for.  In this way you will be assured of good follow up service for all coffee and equipment related matters. A coffee supplier has a vested interest in keeping you in coffee so wouldnt normally allow an equipment service matter to drag on. That is, he should be able to give you efficient service.

An equipment supplier that is not selling you coffee doesnt need to feel pressured to give you prompt service in the event of an unfortunate equipment problem and very often will "book you in" for service in days to come instead of today..... Or he may not be able to offer you service in your area at all.........so is only making a one off sale to you without any obligation for future service. Way to go for the supplier, but not for you in your business!

Think carefully before asking your supplier to get you a specific brand or model machine if it is not what he normally carries and supports/. This is because when you eventually do (and they all do) have a service "inconvenience", he wont have a ready stock of appropriate parts at hand for your machine ergo, you have shot yourself in the foot when specifying to a supplier what brand / model equipment you wanted if it is not what they normally carry.

Again, this is not in your best business interests

So my point is to give your coffee supplier a go very early in the piece when choosing equipment because in the main as any supplier would, he is (or should be) trying his best to look after you and is not your enemy as is sometimes made out by those with other politics to push.

None of this is meant to upset anyone, it is simply what experience dictates.

If ofcourse you have a thing for a particular brand model machine and just want it anyway, go into it with your eyes open especially if a service agent is no where around your area.

If you are in the Canberra area, we would be very happy to advise.

Regardz,
        Attilio
        very first CS site sponsor.

Comment

Sage advice as always from Attilio.

Comment

Good advice Attilio.

Im in the Newtown, Sydney.

Our coffee supplier is Campos, having the original cafe around the corner has lead to some serious addiction by the majority of the staff, so They now supply all our needs. They of course dont deal with the hardware side of things, but I do know they would recommend La Marzocco as this is all they use themselves (nice if you got the budget!)

Thanks again

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

Its part of the image/marketing "box" they choose to place themselves in. Now ask them to come back down to earth where the greatest proportion of their clients are   and recommend to you a regular commercial heat exchanger machine that will do justice to their product, give you a a reliable working life, & for which you will be able to get proper follow up service.

If you have any trouble feel free to give me a call tomorrow (today is a public hol in Canberra).

Regardz,
              Attilio
              very first CS site sponsor.

Comment

for what its worth, I rang Campos and I told them what I was after. They recommended Wega, they gave me a contact for the local distributor.

Comment

Working...
                X