Bezzera BZ40 owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bezzera BZ40 owners

I am starting this thread to see if other CS home users are out & about that own or use a Bezzera BZ40

Preparation needed to install one of these puppies for home use are

1) Have a dedicated 15 amp power line & plug installed by a certified electrician to handle the 2 X 1450W elements
    * That line was installed today

2) Fit an appropriate water filter for plumbed in coffee machines
    * I have installed the commercial Everpure filter system with quick change head

3) Also need to  feed & connect a drain line

I will keep you all posted when the new machine arrives home

Now some specifications

Mine has black sides

* Volumetric 1 group commercial espresso coffee machine.
       * Plumbed-in model.
       * Combination of 3.4 Litre Copper Boiler with 2 x 1450w elements and a commercial pressure switch
        * Heat exchange system
        * Built-in robust commercial rotating pump.
        * A double reading gauge for steam pressure and pump pressure.
        * Chromed cast and commercially designed Group head (not e61) and commercial group handles

KK

Re: Bezzera BZ40 owners

Complete overkill for the home......I want one!

Comment

Originally posted by 0B0A00130D0812610 link=1268222554/1#1 date=1268222928
      I am going to asses the standard swivel steam arm

If I dont like it I am going to fit a similar steam arm that is fitted on my Galatea

KK

Comment

Hi KK

out of interest
        2 X 1450"s seems overkill for the boiler size, was there any discussion on why? I would have thought the need for 15amp would have limited the sales of the machine due to the extra expense.

can you switch back to one ele once heated up?

one thing i reckon it will heat up FAST....  fully plumbed, rotary / pstat goodness your going to LOVE it

My Brugentti is 7L and 2300W, plumbed rotary & normally hits 1st "off cycle" in about 20mins. Once you are up and running it will be interesting to know how it goes.

Please keep us posted
        Leeham

Comment

The Minore is a 2000W element for a 1.5L boiler - heats up super quick and recovers really well.

You must be super excited KK - youll love the convenience of plumbing in, plus the consistency and silence of the rotary!
          Cant wait to see it in the flesh!

Comment

Originally posted by 5B575E53535A360 link=1268222554/3#3 date=1268260089
            Hi KK

out of interest
            2 X 1450"s seems overkill for the boiler size, was there any discussion on why? I would have thought the need for 15amp would have limited the sales of the machine due to the extra expense.
            It is a commercial machine and Bezzera or any other maker for that matter aims its promotional material & specifications for that market

I assume that a factory may promise 100 shots per hour so they need to make the machine to achieve what they promise

All the parts used in the BZ40 are the same as the Bezzera 2 & 3 group machines

Originally posted by 545C53555D0702360 link=1268222554/4#4 date=1268261802
            You must be super excited KK - youll love the convenience of plumbing in, plus the consistency and silence of the rotary!
            Cant wait to see it in the flesh!  

This machine is a quiet achiever

I am exited to get it home & at this stage it looks like this weekend   ;D

KK

Comment

Congratulation KK is pretty good choice, regarding power this one is like a V8.

Originally posted by 47464C5F41445E2D0 link=1268222554/1#1 date=1268222928
              you will be surprise how many of our domestic customers like this machine.

As well as, this machine is a very good seller for an office. Inside has the same components than any other commercial Bezzera.

Regards

Renzo
              Di Bartoli Home Barista Centre

Comment

Well I own a BZ35 which is the little sister/brother, they are a fantastic machine, not flashy but real coffee workhorses.

I am sure you will get a lot of pleasure from it, the joy of plumbed in machines has to be experienced to be fully appreciated!

Comment

The Bezz BZ40 has landed
                  Took my time to fit & position for easy coffee making access
                  Consulted with Mrs Kosmo as to the final position prior to drilling holes on the bench for plumbed water access

Still to connect the drain pipe because I need some connecting elbows.
                  That however has not stopped me from making coffee as I have placed a shallow bowl under the drain for now

Made 1 sink shot to get everything coated and it was so nice looking that it was a pity to pour it down the sink

I have to say its a gem to use from the first shot

Mrs Kosmo likes it very much and she said that it reminds her of her uncles shop back in Murwillimbah

Its easy to use & program but have only used it manually so far  

Available steam is huge to very abundant and easy to steam milk with

Just got to get used to the group handle locking a little off centre

KK

Comment

Congratulations KK. Im sure shell bring you at least 20 years of quality coffees, unless of course you upgrade again

Comment

i had a similar issue with my drain line- and 12 months later it is still a piece of rubber hose from the drain pan, across the bench, under the grinder and into the sink!

Comment

Nice machine KK, congratulations.

If ever you are in Sydney, you can have a play with the Duetto, if I can have a play with your BZ40, if I get up to Brisbane

Warren.

Comment

Originally posted by 746F7073686F74000 link=1268222554/11#11 date=1268628372
                          Nice machine KK, congratulations.

If ever you are in Sydney, you can have a play with the Duetto, if I can have a play with your BZ40, if I get up to Brisbane

Warren.
                          It would be a pleasure Warren
                          I live close to Brisbane CBD: 7 km & even closer as the crow flies ;D

KK

Comment

Just put up a video on the tube

Testing my new Bezzera BZ40 with a borrowed servicemans pressure gauge to see if the machine gauge is accurate
                            Set at 9 bar Both servicemans gauge & machine gauge show 9 bar pressure (excellent)

Coffee is tasting exceptional and it takes 15 to 20 minutes from "ON" to making a coffee

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJPphcJAIuw[/media]

KK

Comment

Originally posted by 6C4841414242786C48544A48270 link=1268222554/13#13 date=1268964210
                              Just put up a video on the tube

Testing my new Bezzera BZ40 with a borrowed servicemans pressure gauge to see if the machine gauge is accurate
                              Set at 9 bar Both servicemans gauge & machine gauge show 9 bar pressure (excellent)

Coffee is tasting exceptional and it takes 15 to 20 minutes from "ON" to making a coffee

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJPphcJAIuw[/media]

KK
                              I can see some scuff marks on teh SS already

Comment

Working...
                              X