My new distraction: Miss Dalla Corte Mini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new distraction: Miss Dalla Corte Mini

Miss BFC Junior Automatic (aka La Valentina, Diadema, Vittoria)  Vs  Miss Dalla Corte Mini

Well got her fired up ... When the wife exclaimed...  "Look at that ... Oohhaaa Dear "  

The power meter jumped much higher than, when Miss BFC was on..

Ans:  1800w  Vs  1300W

Note: Have made enquiries and looking to add the Super mini mod that will allow just the group boiler to be turned on...  This should save power and time.  Further more, as we often have straight shots for any number of reasons including affogatos it will reduce waiting time etc....

Some flashing lights and then I thought a jumbo or one of the tunnel trucks had mounted the gutter...  Nooo   The Em6910 had returned...

Bugger me...  After the mod to add the thermal dampening to Miss BFC, I had totally forgotten how noisy a non rotary pump can be  ;D

Ans:  Thermal insulation and DynaMat sound proofing to be implemented this weekend

Chant: Change is good for coffee toys... Change is not not always good for the Wife  

1:  Got to now re learn many things...

A: Grind
    B: Tamp and dose level
    C: Steam... Bloody froth every where  ;D  Powerful and 3 holes in the tip..
    D: Space for cups and mugs the same as Miss BFC
    E: Puck came out with two thumps and not the usual one

Chant: Change is good for coffee toys... Change is not not always good for the Wife  

After a couple of shots... What was in the cup was what was there yesterday..

After trying to stretch milk... What was in the cup was what almost what was there yesterday..

Here is a shot of the two ladies side by side  8-)

Re: My new distraction: Miss Dalla Corte Mini

Awesome trio!!!

Comment

Well well AM! Congrats, no wonder i overheard you call your out to your wife on the phone...."oh darling"

Congrats mate, ill be over for a brew soon!

Keep us posted how you coffees are going......

cheers mate, and thankyou a tonne for nipping down the shops for me mate.....saved my bacon! [smiley=tekst-toppie.gif]

Comment

Congratts AM,

The carbon group head has got me thinking about my side panels now...

Your Coffee Machine Altar will please the coffee gods and may there be daily offerings of freshly roasted coffee beans sacrificed to honor the gods.

Thanks be to Coffee!

Comment

Originally posted by 2F3F2839397F7E7D757A7E4D0 link=1268302092/1#1 date=1268308800
          Awesome trio!!!
          AND

Originally posted by 1A1E382121243B2C234D0 link=1268302092/2#2 date=1268309000
          Well well AM! Congrats, no wonder i overheard you call your out to your wife on the phone...."oh darling"

Congrats mate, ill be over for a brew soon!

Keep us posted how you coffees are going......
          Will do... A few things to get done yet...

But once Miss Dalla C is bedded in; then Miss BFC has to find another CS to care and love her

Comment

Hey AM does this mean LukeG got his Speedster, or is this a different Dalla Corte Mini?

Comment

When I was at Tobys Estate (near Newtown) last weekend I saw that the shelf model Speedster that they have had as pride of place amongst the models that they sell has now been connected behind the counter. It is being used exclusively for short blacks. Its current RRP is AUSD12,000.

Comment

Originally posted by 7A7D777F4B67607162717A67140 link=1268302092/5#5 date=1268341066
                Hey AM does this mean LukeG got his Speedster, or is this a different Dalla Corte Mini?
                This is a different one ;D

Comment

didnt know too much about the mini.....did a search....(thatll make AM happy ;D) that is one very impressive little machine AM! dual boiler, adjustable brew temp, adjustable pre-infusion, recycled milk bottle for water!! and that awesome group! You better get used to it fast AM, cause ill be over sooner than you think!

cheers
                  warren

Comment

Originally posted by 4C486E7777726D7A751B0 link=1268302092/8#8 date=1268349235
                    didnt know too much about the mini.....did a search
                    Where.... On Google  ;D ;D ;D

Here is a review that I found; however it was done at the end of 2007.  I can tell you that there has been changes and they have been for the better.

A: Most noticeable is that the temp control panel is much neater looking.

B: 54mm not 53mm baskets

C: Insides are clean and the splash guards and wiring is very neat.

D: Standard SS bolt for teh shower screen, now a nice SS counter sunk unit.

Bug has got me however and now I need the following to set the kitchen off....

http://www.mahlkoenig.de/en_products/VARIO-home.html/?setLanguage=en_EN

Note: Sound proofing added this morning and Miss BFC moved to allow her to be cleaned and ready for inspection / collection...

Comment

ha haha ha hahahahahah thats the exact review i read......whered ya find that AM.....google? ;D

so you have some serious explaining to do.......we want photos and lots of em! i vaguely remember you telling someone to upload photos? hmmmm ;D

Comment

Originally posted by 1D193F2626233C2B244A0 link=1268302092/10#10 date=1268362841
                        ha haha ha hahahahahah thats the exact review i read......whered ya find that AM.....google? ;D

so you have some serious explaining to do.......we want photos and lots of em! i vaguely remember you telling someone to upload photos? hmmmm ;D
                        Thats why I uploaded the first pics and the review... All done now; until I get the grinder  ;D

Well some nice blue down lights/leds or El wire that I have around to be fitted; will sett Miss DCMs best feature off  8-)

Miss BFC is looking all forlorn  :-[

Rocky and K3 are also looking at each other; thinking who is next to get a spit and polish  

PS. Did ya get ya glasses ???

Comment

Originally posted by 456A63617649656A65636169616A70040 link=1268302092/11#11 date=1268363440
                          until I get the grinder
                          Youve got to be kidding! your really putting your life on the line with that comment AM! ;D

Originally posted by 456A63617649656A65636169616A70040 link=1268302092/11#11 date=1268363440
                          Well some nice blue down lights/leds
                          That will look awesome!

Rocky and K3 are also looking at each other; thinking who is next to get a spit and polish
                          ROFL ;D

Im gunna head over there this arvo after work, can i drop in for a quicky?..........hang on, just realised what i typed.........coffee you lot!

cheers
                          warren

Comment

Originally posted by 484C6A737376697E711F0 link=1268302092/12#12 date=1268363877
                            AngerManagement wrote on Today at 14:10:

Im gunna head over there this arvo after work, can i drop in for a quicky?..........hang on, just realised what i typed.........coffee you lot!

cheers
                            warren
                            Sure.. No problem.

Your choice as to teh highlighted options you indicated......

One might be ok by the wife.. As to the other... Well some things are best left unconfirmed  

Comment

Nice toy AM Not so sure I like Carbon on coffee machines looks to much like a sports car so it might suffer from fast pours

Comment

Working...
                              X