Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• la Pavoni pub E help please....

Hi,

I was recently given a spotless 1999 Pub E which was my Mums and has sat (empty I think) in a clean environment for a few years after having only regular home use.

When I first brought it home and plumbed it in, I ran it for the weekend and purged everything that appeared purgable every time I walked past it. Initially, there was a little sediment coming out of the group head, but this soon stopped. I also pulled a few pipes off and soaked them, they were spotless inside and out.

I spoke to Mum yesterday and she has found what appears to a blind basket for the machine (havent received it yet). My question is, is back flushing just a matter of inserting the blind basket and running the machine? If so, for how long? Also, there is a tap under the tray, how often should I drain it? The next problem is consistent quality, trial and error takes time, doesnt it...

Any advice would be appreciated,

thanks,
    MT

Re: la Pavoni pub E help please....

Originally posted by 405948482D0 link=1269498140/0#0 date=1269498140
    Hi,

I was recently given a spotless 1999 Pub E which was my Mums and has sat (empty I think) in a clean environment for a few years after having only regular home use.

When I first brought it home and plumbed it in, I ran it for the weekend and purged everything that appeared purgable every time I walked past it. Initially, there was a little sediment coming out of the group head, but this soon stopped. I also pulled a few pipes off and soaked them, they were spotless inside and out.

I spoke to Mum yesterday and she has found what appears to a blind basket for the machine (havent received it yet). My question is, is back flushing just a matter of inserting the blind basket and running the machine? If so, for how long? Also, there is a tap under the tray, how often should I drain it? The next problem is consistent quality, trial and error takes time, doesnt it...

Any advice would be appreciated,

thanks,
    MT
    I am going to be a bit direct ;D

1: Read about back flushing on CS and or many other forums. What your talking about is a rinse. It is a true back-flush when you use teh right cleaning materials.

2: What grinder

3: What beans are you using..

Fresh beans and a great grinder will be the key to consistency..

Now before you hit us with 100 other questions ( most of which have been asked previously)

Have a READ of this FAQ... http://www.thecoffeefaq.com/

Never 100% but unless you have some basic understanding it will be hard to assist you in the future.

PS. Where are you located... Go and see a sponsor.. Worth every minute

Comment

Originally posted by 19363F3D2A153936393F3D353D362C580 link=1269498140/1#1 date=1269498558
      I am going to be a bit direct
      being a bit direct is fine, especially considering you responded within 7 minutes.

My main question was regarding the rinse/backflush, I really dont want to blow up such a thing of beauty that was cherished by Mum before it landed in my lap. (instructions are long gone, couldnt find much from la Pav on the net)

The consistency thing is something Im having fun working on. Grinder is ordinary, beans are home roasted, trial and error is no big deal.

FAQ link is a big help, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by 4D544545200 link=1269498140/2#2 date=1269500533
        Originally posted by 19363F3D2A153936393F3D353D362C580 link=1269498140/1#1 date=1269498558
        I am going to be a bit direct
        being a bit direct is fine, especially considering you responded within 7 minutes.  

My main question was regarding the rinse/backflush, I really dont want to blow up such a thing of beauty that was cherished by Mum before it landed in my lap. (instructions are long gone, couldnt find much from la Pav on the net)

The consistency thing is something Im having fun working on. Grinder is ordinary, beans are home roasted, trial and error is no big deal.

FAQ link is a big help, thanks
        Some one might just happen to fine a users guide OR you can just eamil the manufacturer

Lots of info on Back-flushing but again; how long is a piece of string..

Usually a blind basket a small amount of a Good back-flushing detergent and then pull a shot for a few seconds and then stop. Repeat once or twice and then a rinse and then maybe a conditioning shot.

Comment

Heres the manual:
          http://www.lapavoni.com/PDF/MAN_Pub-Bar.pdf
          English part starts page 30
          cheers

Comment

Originally posted by 4A5D4E4E280 link=1269498140/4#4 date=1269811340
            Heres the manual:
            http://www.lapavoni.com/PDF/MAN_Pub-Bar.pdf
            English part starts page 30
            cheers

Excellent!

Thanks for that

Comment

Working...
            X