Minimum pipe size for plumb in rotary pump machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minimum pipe size for plumb in rotary pump machine

What would be the minimum pipe size for plumb in rotary?

Its for the Brugnetti 5L boiler HX roto-flow commercial machine i have

pump is external, it will more than likely end up under the sink and a copper line run to the machine

whats the min i could go on the pump to machine

water tap to pump can be 15mm no problem undersink

I have moved into the "new" house and am fitting in the machine, issue is i have stone benches in kitchen and reluctant at this stage to drill a hole.....

considering a plug an play for a bit till i sort out a "hole" and looking at john guest water filter / beer line set up or 1/4 inch copper etc.

might sneak through the wall around the benchtop.....

your help is much appreciated  

Maheel

Re: Minimum pipe size for plumb in rotary pump machine

Bit of lateral thinking what about wall mounted outlet on the splashback area (Marine bulkhead fitting below). Very low flow rates needed into the machine so 6mm OD Nylon is fine (I think 4mm ID) but bigger is ok too.

Are you going to run the drain straight to the sink or block the drip tray off and empty it manually?

Comment

Thanks BF

just going to run the drain across the bench to sink right now... its close. The DWasher is nearby so might jump onto that drain line underbench

if 6mm is all then i might just run some copper up under the bench and around the lip U shaped and drape a steam wand cloth over it
      i have some copper spare

i was just looking inside the machine and thinking there is a lot of 6mm ish pipe running feed lines inside

machine is sitting in the middle right now bu i am already sick of it being in the way of the prep space

any other opinions on pipe size ?

Maheel

Comment

Originally posted by 2E222B26262F430 link=1289364316/2#2 date=1289367927
        any other opinions on pipe size ?
        I have a 1 group about same size as yours where pipe is 5 or 6mm ass oon as the pump outlet attaches tot he machine.

Comment

thanks Frabel

have temp plumbed it up over the DW and around the lip of the bench

and have gained artistic directors approval for drilling of the hole for pipe / drain / power

Comment

Working...
          X