Rancilio Z11 - Programmable Buttons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rancilio Z11 - Programmable Buttons?

Was meaning to post this 1hr ago, but got distracted reading all the other topics, i.e - Scrambled Eggs on Espresso Machine, haha!

Back on My Topic. Like Expobar Megacrem etc, your able to adjust the pouring volume, by simply holding in the continuous waterflow button and then choosing which button you want to adjust.

Is this a feature on the Rancilio Z11 3 Group? Or does it come out of the Factory with the pre-programmed amounts and thats it? In the case it is pouring too much in volume, would this be the result of faulty flow meters?

Hmmm...

Re: Rancilio Z11 - Programmable Buttons?

It is adjustable, but I dont know how on this particular model.

a) It could be by way of buttons on the touch pad but just a different combination to that which you decribed above OR

b) there could be a small toggle switch hidden in the bodywork somewhere that when flicked, allows you to get into programming mode. From memory this was I think the way with Z9s (but its been a long time), so could be the way with your machine. I seem to remember there could have been a toggle switch hidden somewhere to the RHS of the RHS group and under the top front plate holding the touch pads OR in the side panel?????????

But I stress....I really dont remember and and am just giving you some possible pointers for you to check.

Failing that, contact a rancilio service agent.

By the way, dont go fishing around in places where there is electriKILL wiring particularly if you are not a suitably qualified tradesman. Even I always pull the electrical plugs RIGHT OUT OF THE WALL before I do any such things.

Good luck,
    Attilio
    very first CS site sponsor.

PS dont go worrying about flowmeters until you discover how to programme the machine. Once you have discovered how to and done that, then you can see if the machine holds its programme and if not, take it from there....

Comment

Early Z11 DE used a series of switches on a card attatched to the board, these are not difficult to change but finding the sheet that has the dosages on it is difficult (Ive lost mine)

Later DE/Omicron are proggrammed using the continuous button, although there is a switch on the main board to prevent user proggramming, it looks like a little gate.

As long as the current preset doses are stopping you flowmeters are fine

Comment

Have tried to follow this up. Did a google search for Rancilio, and it appears Grinders Coffee is the Sole Australian Distributor for Rancilio. Im awaiting their phone call.

Where abouts are these Switches located on the machine? And what is the process of changing them, is it pretty straight forward, flick a switch on the main board, and then choose which button you want to programme and press it once to activate and then press again to store the current dosage to the memory? and then switch the button back to use normally.

Comment

According to fellow respondent tek, on the main board mate on the main board!  

Find the box that contains the main board. The box will be inside the body somewhere, usually screwed to the frame. The board will be inside the box!

If its the early type and if you are lucky the sheet with dosages that tek was good enough to tell us about will be in there....If not ?

Failing all, you can always use the machine as if it were a semi auto and that is, push the group switch to start making coffee, and push it again to stop....simple!

I will say again...........dont touch electrikill stuff.

Good luck,
          Attilio

Comment

So that was located in the main board :-)

Are there any pictures available of this, on any model?

As much as it would be great to always use it as a semi auto machine, its used in a commercial environment, and being automatic, makes it that much easier, and plus its a three group machine, can you imagine trying to control it all when you have a ristretto, double shot, and a large weak coffee on the 3 group. Which makes me think I wonder if the guys at Proud Mary could control their 6x Group that way?

I have learnt my lesson with Electrkill, and wont be going down that path again. I respect the stuff!

Comment

So which programming info do you want ?

Z11 Omicron Timer Programming is here

Comment

Thanks for that Info, unfortunately thats not the model. This Z11 doesnt have the Control Panel Display :-(

Comment

The board is located inside the left hand panel.

Maybe post a pic of your machine and a pic of the board then Ill be able to point out exactly what I mean

Comment

I have the same machine as this so am tagging along with this thread.
                    My dosing buttons dont work at all at the moment but I am still trouble shooting after a complete disassembly.
                    Let me know if you have cracked this problem Whitie.

Comment

Alsp have a similar machine also tagging along! I actually have a Z11 omicron with the full control panel, all seems to work fine.

Comment

Here is a couple of crappy shots of the main board on my Z11,
                        I didnt see any toggle switches or anything that looked adjustable

Comment

some boards also seem to have "jumpers" like on the back of hardrives to make the slave or master etc.

not really sure what the jumpers  do but worth a look.... i thought they may have effected how many groups run of the boards as i have a 3 group board in my single group Brug

Comment

I seem to recall reading a post where jumpers were used, possibly on the white backed series of pins on the lower right hand side of the board. Cant remember any details but Ill try and look back through some stuff and see what I can find. Would really love to sort this out as one group is running about double the dose values it should on my Z11
                            After the weekend I can post clearer photos of details of the board in the hope that one of our friendly espresso techs can point us in the right direction

Comment

Just found this thread on the website:
                              http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1207534465
                              I will take a look for the blue swutch on my machine on the weekend

Comment

Working...
                              X