Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Izzo Alex PID HX machine- discussion thread

Izzo Alex II.

I am keen to have your thoughts. I think this would be low-mid(ish) $3k territory.

Its a PID controlled 2L boiler, rotary pump, tank or plumbed HX machine. No pressurestat...Same footprint as the Alex Duetto II. Expect the usual Izzo build quality and performance  8-)

Would you like to see it in Australia?

Re: Izzo Alex PID HX machine- discussion thread

left water on the left and steam on the right... any specifications apart what you have provided above?

Comment

Hmm, could be a good option for those who want a high quality HX machine with a larger boiler than some of the smaller cheaper machines. And those who dont want to have the temp adjustment ability of the dual boiler duetto model. Lowish 3K sounds about right. I like that it has retained the PID.

What pressure does the steam boiler on the duetto idle at? Id imagine that the pressure on the HX boiler would be less, around 1 - 1.3?

With a 2L boiler, youd still have excellent steam ability.

Comment

Get them to fit a lever group to the front and charge $3.5-4k as an option too and I am in. The 1 grp Pompei is a little big for the average kitchen bench so the 3l chassis would work :

Apart from that a Giotto EVO beater or at least easily equal to. Standard of finish and attention to detail the Izzo crew do it well.

Comment

Originally posted by 2F342B3C31656C5D0 link=1294198343/2#2 date=1294216169
          What pressure does the steam boiler on the duetto idle at? Id imagine that the pressure on the HX boiler would be less, around 1 - 1.3?
          Guess so...Ill know for sure if/when we land and Scace some....

Originally posted by 3F383C333B312434333A5D0 link=1294198343/3#3 date=1294218959
          Get them to fit a lever group to the front and charge $3.5-4k as an option too and I am in. The 1 grp Pompei is a little big for the average kitchen bench so the 3L chassis would work :

Apart from that a Giotto EVO beater or at least easily equal to. Standard of finish and attention to detail the Izzo crew do it well
          Hmm....goood in theory bf, but I reckon youd need to bolt it to the bench. My pompei is 60kg and it moves when I am on the lever...

Chris

Comment

Gaaah.... stop it!! You are doing my head in...

Sorry, yes......

low 3s

Comment

Originally posted by 646C747E63070 link=1294198343/5#5 date=1294227161
              Gaaah.... stop it!! You are doing my head in...  

Sorry, yes......

low 3s
              Not likely on an Izzo lever machine. The lever mechanism is worth a fortune!

C

Comment

Originally posted by 596C6166524E626B6B68680D0 link=1294198343/6#6 date=1294231388

Not likely on an Izzo lever machine. The lever mechanism is worth a fortune!  

C
                Sorry, not following (Im dumb)

Not as a lever machine - just as is pictured above, low 3s would be fantastic.

Would prefer the steam arm on the left though, same as the Duetto

Comment

Originally posted by 5D554D475A3E0 link=1294198343/7#7 date=1294264129
                  Would prefer the steam arm on the left though, same as the Duetto
                  Nothing that a competent water bloke couldnt accomplish

Comment

I would register an interest, its DEFINATLEY now on my Radar.

Regarding the steam wand position, when you say "a competent
                    water bloke.." are you saying this must be achieved somewhere else, or it must this be done during your bench test etc, or doing this voids any warranty ?

Is this a simple disconnect braided hoses and reconnect and swap wands and/or taps, or is this a complicated task that blows budget and may comprimise something else (heated pipes next to ellec components etc)

The reason being is that the machine can only fit on my bench in a certain positoin.   The RHS wand can only be reached by leaning over / across the group head.  Since my wife must also use this (shorter than me) then I dont want her burining her arm and then cursing my new purchase - leaving me stranded and banished from any future upgrades.

Anyway I realise this quesion may be trival, but it would certainly help me to know how interchangeable the steam and water wands are.

Thanks Chris

Julian

Comment

Originally posted by 243B222B3D272021347C7E7F7E4E0 link=1294198344/10#10 date=1296607973
                      ...Is this a simple disconnect braided hoses and reconnect and swap wands and/or taps, or is this a complicated task that blows budget and may comprimise something else (heated pipes next to ellec components etc)
                      Hello Julian,

Nope, its not a braided connection, so some fabrication of internal copper would be required. It would be a post warranty period thing Id suggest.

Given that there wont be a massive price difference between it and the Duetto, youd possibly be better off with a Duetto :-?

ETA on the first few of these and the Vivi is around 3 weeks.

Cheers

Chris

Comment

Updating on this one.

A little judicious Scace work and some thermosyphon restriction and we have a veritable kitty cat (after about 10 hours of experimentation with different settings).

The build quality is as expected with fully insulated boiler and noice Izzo specific stuff- like a silicon extension from the anti-vac to vent to the tank rather than into the machine electricals. The placement of internal componentry is thoughtful.

Steam is fantastic and I feel that we have an excellent bang for buck machine in this one.

Chris

Comment

Chris is correct. Great bang for the buckwith this little beauty.  Had the machine for a week and it just keeps on getting better.  Cant find fault with any component so far.  The one design fault that I think is shared with the Duetto is its lack of functionality with the cup holder/tankfilling lid.  For those that dont wish to direct plumb their Alex it is a pain in the bum having to remove the cups each time you top up the tank. I went to Bunnings and chose some matching S/S handles for about $40. Not only do they solve the ability to fill the water tank easily but aesthetically they improve the look of the Alex.  What do you think? (First post so I hope the attachment is OK). ;D

Comment

Is there meant to be a photo? :-/

Comment

I noticed on another thread re the Alex Duetto II that the space between group and cup is tight and a mug will not fit. is the same true of this machine?

Comment

Working...
                              X