X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recently bought BZ40, Vacuum breaker not working

Hi all,

First post here.
    I recently bought a used Bezzera BZ40 which works great just the vacuum breaker does not work.
    I tried to find some instructions how to remove it and clean it but could not find such.

any assistance would be great!

Royi

Re: Recently bought BZ40, Vacuum breaker not working

Weclome to CS.

Actually you dont need to do anything with the "anti vacuum valve".

Manage your machine so the anti vacuum valve is rendered irrelevant, by doing this:

When you switch off the machine, open the steam valve / tap and let out all the steam.

When you switch the machine back on, make sure the steam valve / tap is still open OR open it and leave it open until steam starts to leak out as the machine heats up. Once it has started to leak out, close the steam tap.

Operate the machine as normal until you want to switch it off, then you conduct this simple operation again.

Simple, and I hope this helps.

Regardz,
    Attilio
    very first CS site sponsor.

PS, the valve will most probably be stuck with calcium/scale. Instead of trying to clean it out, a suitably qualified person might instead soak it in a descaling solution for a while then flush it out with water. If this is successful, the little plunger inside will move up and down freely again and / OR if it is found to be worn and consequently wont seal, replace it.

Comment

Hi and thanks for your reply.

This is exactly the routine I am doing right now, but I want to be able to enjoy the Vacuum Breaker (especialy in the morning, I want to set the machine on timer without having to wait its long worm up).

I would appreciate if someone have some guide or a description how to remove the Vacum Breaker from the boil.

Thanks,

Royi

Comment

Royi;

Enclose diagrams of your machine check page 15
        http://bezzeracoffeemachine.com.au/images/stories/drawings/bz40_gb.pdf

The BZ40 has the anti-vacuum and the safety valve are combine, I will suggest maybe take it out and soak it in descale solution and put it back, do not disassemble the unit due to safety issues.

Otherwise Atilo suggestion always work,

Regards

Renzo
        Di Bartoli Home Barista Centre.
        PS: you need a new one enclose link:
        http://www.dibartoli.com.au/product_details.asp?pid=479

Comment

Hi all and thanks to your kind replies.

I looked at the diagram and opened my machine but could not understand how exactly to remove the valve.
          It looks like there are two rings on the bottom of the valve, should I open one of them or just twist the valve itself (after removing the cup offcourse).

thanks,

Royi

Comment

The cup is there as a safety
            To catch any small water leaks, then they evaporate by heat of the boiler

Use a socket and remove the entire brass fitting and do what Renzo has outlined

KK

Comment

In order to remove the entire brass is to turn the entire valve or to turn one of the 2 rings that are in lower part of the valve?

If someone did this before and has some picture it would be great.

I will try to upload a picture later on.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by 24093F220112140F0C09600 link=1294338616/3#3 date=1294396343
                The BZ40 has the anti-vacuum and the safety valve are combine, I will suggest maybe take it out and soak it in descale solution and put it back, do not disassemble the unit due to safety issues.
                If you are planning to put it a part, I will not recommended this is a safety valve.

2 cents worth of advice

regards

Renzo
                Di Bartoli Home Barista Centre

Comment

I am not planning to take it appart, just remove it, descale and put it back once it is cleaned and free to release the vacuum.

Comment

Working...
                  X