Decisions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decisions

Looking at changing my machine - would love a commercial system but power requirements are the killer, unless I can get a quick fix ???

Anyways I was looking at a Bz40 but the power requirements stopped that, so then Bz35. Does anyone have thoughts on this or assistance, I was comparing against the Gea Rotary as a comparison.

Assistance appreciated

Re: Decisions

out of interest do you have a rotary Gea ? (its in your sig)

why would you need better than that (HX + rotary + tank or plumb)?

that said there are plenty of commercial 1grps that run 10amps what where you thinking of?

Comment

*declares his commercial interest*

If you want to crank it up a notch, you might like to have a close look at the Izzo Alex Duetto II

Chris

Comment

No I have a vibration Gea not rotary - was actually looking at the volumetrics like the BZ 35

Comment

ahhh

personally i stop my shots manually but i do use the volumetric to pre-flush out some heat and post shot flush clean.

i think your Gea is prettier than the BZ range
          (but the BZs seem to be very good and i would not kick on off the kitchen bench)

Comment

Yeah hard choices - BZ35 or rotary Gea (not much difference from my existing) but Christmas was interesting in 1k coffee for just family and friends in an afternoon. Like the idea of volumetrics and commercial grade perhaps ?

Comment

I have the BZ40 and the power requirement is not any different than other machines

You can disconnect one of the elements

Or if you want both elements you will need to have a 15 amp plug as I have done

Cost wise verses time for 2 elements ?
              Heat up time is quicker @ 15 min or so
              As opposed to 30/40 min for most HX E61 machines

KK

Comment

Cheers guys - bz40 was my choice but house wont cater for it -rental. So opted for th BZ35 - pretty much hooked up any thoughts on best way to set up the volumetrics ?

Comment

I have only ever bothered setting up one button on my BZ35, set for a double espresso - 16gm coffee, about 50mls extracted, in 23 secs.

I use it for both espressos and what australians call lattes.

I just hid the middle button for a few secs to pre-flush the overheated water. When the bubbly stream finishes i stop the preflush.

EDIT - its a bit of trial & error, but setting the button to fill a volume of about 60mls gave me about 50mls coffee & crema - the rest is obviously absorbed in the puck.

Comment

I have the volumetrics on my Pavoni set up to do a cleaning flush, short cooling flush, long cooling flush, and around 34 seconds for the fourth button, but I only brew manual anyway.

Comment

Cheers guys for all the helps there much apprecaited - time to play with some buttons - and to fit my filter undersink.

Comment

Just wondering if the duetto is available in New Zealand? I am about to relocate from Canada to NZ and I am not sure where to turn.... until I stumbled here. Great site and group of people!

Cheers,
                        Andrew

Comment

Hi Andrew,

drop one of the members "Redzone" a message http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?ac...B7A71252625140 . I know he recently took delivery of one locally in NZ. Also roast some good beans too.

Either that or I am sure if you are still stuck one of the sponsors may be able to help get one shipped to you.

Comment

Thanks for the pointer. After poking around in the forums I found exactly that... and Redzone very kindly responded with info on a NZ based vendor. Now, I just need the courage to make the next step...

Many thanks.

Cheers,
                            Andrew

Comment

Working...
                            X