Latest Ebay purchase $52.50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest Ebay purchase $52.50

I picked this up yesterday for $52.50. I figured I could get $50 at the scrap metal yard for it.

Seller claimed it worked 12 months or so ago when they pulled it out of a cafe. Looks to be in reasonable condition internally. It was originally brass I think, as inside panels are, but it has had a respray and I was told a rebuild. It is a 94 model.

I will wire it up on the weekend and see how it goes. I still have a few spares from a previous rebuild of a 2 group so should be able to get it going.

So I will see if I can get it working, if so it will be a descale, respray and replacement of gaskets and probably a sale, as a 3 group is a bit big. But it will give me something to do at night anyway.

Re: Latest Ebay purchase $52.50

nice buying, worth the $50 for the adventure you would get your $$$ selling the group handles

can you come over and clean up my workshop....

Comment

If it has an internal pump its worth $100 s/hand easily sell the handles and the rest for scrap make some quick $$ without the pain :-)

Comment

Yeh was what I thought. I still have a spare motor and pump sitting around and a couple of cimbali PFs that I had the machinist at work convert to nakeds. Just gotta find them and will post them for sale.

But will give me something to play with for a while

Comment

Originally posted by 2B372A2A3D362C3136393B373E3E3D3D580 link=1297057470/5#5 date=1297146212
          BTW: what is this machine doing in the $3000+ forum
          Ahhh, the gotcha with dollar amounts for categories.

I think it should live here as that was the price bracket new. I think there are a lot of machines in this section that are ex-commercial and would have trouble selling for $500 but when they were new they were "pointy end $3000+".

By the way... looks like a good toy for price Clinto.

Comment

Originally posted by 6C706D6D7A716B76717E7C7079797A7A1F0 link=1297057470/5#5 date=1297146212
            52.20 minus ebay listing and sale fees... equals bugger all.

I feel sorry for some ebay sellers... but at leats it has moved to the right home now.

BTW: what is this machine doing in the $3000+ forum Cool
            yeh but it was another of those you have to wonder why they bother. Terrible photo, no description other than to say i was told it was working when I bought it but I havent tried it....

Usually I avoid them like the plague and I would never buy site unseen, but given they were nearby I set a budget of $100 figuring I could easily get that back in parts. I sold off some old excess parts a little while ago and got over $250 and that didnt include much.

But the people I bought it and a Cimbali Domus from did seem genuinely honest, just not too experienced in ebay selling. The domus was in near new condition, outstanding for a 15 year old machine (maybe I should reserve that comment until I get the aluminum boiler apart). But they said it was working when it was taken out of the cafe. it does have an electricial test tag on it from 15 months ago stating it was checked and working. But who knows what has happened to the boards but I will see. I do have a spare main board out of a 2 group volumetric, so I could probably get 2 groups working . Or just convert it to a straight manual setup. I have a spare pump and motor too, so I will see.

yes workshop is clean there anyway. you should see all my piles of stuff in the mezzanine before you ask me to clean it up. Luckily it is only small though 125sqm so not much to mess up. There was wiring from the Grimac you can see in the background all over the bench, which I had just cleaned up. Just waiting on guy at work to make me a stainless top as the plastic one has had it.

Comment

what happened to my post? did I get edited out?

I was not being serious when I said this machine doesnt belong in the extreme machine category.... just sarcasm I am sorry to say.

For me I hope the OP restores this thing- condition looks OK- and no doubt restored it would push the 3K boundary?

Comment

Originally posted by 4E524F4F58534954535C5E525B5B58583D0 link=1297057470/6#6 date=1297234844
                what happened to my post? did I get edited out?
                Wasnt me mate... Dont know what happened to it :-?

Mal.

Comment

Working...
                X