No announcement yet.

Danesi coffee machines- any experience?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danesi coffee machines- any experience?

I am looking at a 2 Group Danesi espresso machine as image below (not sure what model); never heard of the brand until now. Anyone had good or bad experiences with these or know anything about them?

Looking for a machine to clean up for my daughter and soon husband (he is Italian and coffee crazy1) for their house.

Re: Danesi coffee machines- any experience?

This is a brand of italian roasted coffee. Presumably the now importer of danesi is importing machines with their own name on. You should find and look on the compliance plate and see what it says as per the actual manufacturer of the equipment.

Hope this helps.

Regardz,
    Attilio

Comment

From the looks of it Im guessing a rebadged Expobar.

Comment

Thanks all- yes, seems like a Expobar Megacrem 2 Group - Compact from images and I have asked about the compliance details.

So next questions is, anyone have comments on Expobar Megacrem 2 Group - Compact?

Cheers

Comment

Its a coffee machine and it will work fine in home use!

Mind you, the Italian in your son in law will find it hard to stomach a Spanish espresso machine in his kitchen  ;D

Regardz,
          Attilio.

Comment

I would check that it can run on a standard 10amp plug, some two group machines run on 15 amps.

Its going to use more electrickery than a single group home machine as it will most likely have a bigger boiler, bigger elements etc. That was one of the main reasons I decided against using a commercial machine at home.

Comment

Thanks Trenski; these are 15 Amp, and while I have a Rancilio machine modified to 10 amp, you make me realise how special(?) it is having a commercial machine at home.

Maybe my daughter and coffee loving husband would not be as tolerant as I am in warm up time after their machine was modified. good thoughts...

Comment

I actually own one of these machines. I am very happy with it. never had a complaint from the coffee its made.

the only thing i can say bad about it is getting it serviced. I use devine coffee services (as i bought the machine from them) and they can be VERY slow at getting to you to service the machine. I have tried calling other people for a service and they rather dont know about the machine or where or how to get parts, or dont show up at all.

The machine itself is great. but I would love to know if theres someone that services these machines, reliable (as in shows up when they say they will and if not at least calls to tell you they cant make it)

Comment

Originally posted by 7B575E5E5D5D54574E5D4A090D0C380 link=1297060807/7#7 date=1297406364
                  I actually own one of these machines. I am very happy with it. never had a complaint from the coffee its made.

the only thing i can say bad about it is getting it serviced. I use devine coffee services (as i bought the machine from them) and they can be VERY slow at getting to you to service the machine. I have tried calling other people for a service and they rather dont know about the machine or where or how to get parts, or dont show up at all.

The machine itself is great. but I would love to know if theres someone that services these machines, reliable (as in shows up when they say they will and if not at least calls to tell you they cant make it)
                  You dont say where you are but as the coffee people you refer to are in Sydney I assume you are around there. Forget them and have a look at CS sponsors in Sydney for your servicing. Im sure you wont be disappointed. Likewise for the OP. These are excellent machines.

Comment

Originally posted by 78545D5D5E5E57544D5E490A0E0F3B0 link=1297060807/7#7 date=1297406364

You shouldnt be talking about non sponsor coffee companies on this site. It is frowned upon. You should contact the sponsors on the left hand side. They will definitely have the parts available and will be able to do repairs in quick time. Dont bother with non sponsor related coffee companies. If its not supported by sponsors here then it is poor quality and will not produce good coffee.

Comment

Originally posted by 1312475656220 link=1297060807/9#9 date=1297463194
                       Dont bother with non sponsor related coffee companies.  If its not supported by sponsors here then it is poor quality and will not produce good coffee.  
                      thats a broad statement as there are plenty of great non-sponsor service tecs and coffee merchants.

but posting policy asks for no non-sponsor links or "infomercials"

the best way is to PM a suggested non sponsor service or provider etc if you feel it may assist the OP. they will get plenty of recommendations for sponsors who are worthy of that Rec

Comment

Originally posted by 59555C515158340 link=1297060807/10#10 date=1297464351
                        thats a broad statement as there are plenty of great non-sponsor service tecs and coffee merchants.
                        Agreed, however its good to keep in mind that CS sponsors help to pay the bills associated with delivering this forum and they also subsidise BeanBay freight to you as well. Its nice when CSers can give a little back by suporting the sponsors in turn. No?  :-?

Comment

Originally posted by 7372273636420 link=1297060807/9#9 date=1297463194
                          You shouldnt be talking about non sponsor coffee companies on this site.

CoffeeSnobs has a policy of no commercial postings

In the past this has meant no weblinks relating to non sponsor coffee related merchants. I am yet to see it in print where the mere mention of other people by name in the coffee industry is not allowed unless you are spruiking repeatedly a particular company.

This site has some great sponsors who most of us would happily recommend as a first port of call if appropriate but when you start getting up to plumbed in commercial machines requiring most likely an on-site visit a sponsor may not always be appropriate and can be prohibitive on cost depending on location.

If its not supported by sponsors here then it is poor quality and will not produce good coffee.
                          And that statement is hysterical incorrect and just so wrong.

Comment

If its not supported by sponsors here then it is poor quality and will not produce good coffee.  

And that statement is hysterical incorrect and just so wrong.
                            It is so fundamentally wrong: I am thinking perhaps it is actually sarcasm? :P

Comment

Originally posted by 7C756675627362757D71100 link=1297060807/8#8 date=1297414373
                              You dont say where you are but as the coffee people you refer to are in Sydney I assume you are around there.
                              If you are in Sydney I recommend giving Renzo at Di Bartoli a call.

He services my Expobar and they have a big one of their own.

Comment

Working...
                              X