Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Synesso Sabre

Hi Guys,

Just wanted your opinion on the Synesso Sabre. Anyone worked on it before? is it really that good?
    Anyone know the disavantages of this machine?

Re: Synesso Sabre

Originally posted by 2205010E135151600 link=1300044978/0#0 date=1300044977
    Price!

Comment

Originally posted by 05213B2B2029480 link=1300044978/1#1 date=1300278481
      Originally posted by 2205010E135151600 link=1300044978/0#0 date=1300044977
      Price!
      ...and only one company in Oz has the monopoly!
      (ergo "price")

Comment

High volume coffee! Probably one of the easiest machines to hang a jug on, or even 2 if youre feeling lucky. I cant stress just how awesome it is to work on.

Some might say it wont produce the BEST espresso, but its a machine that can take an absolute beating!

Comment

Oh definitely the price is a main factor with my hestitation in purchasing this machine. Just wanted everyones opinion on whether its worth the cost. At the moment I cant justify it.

Although, what I do notice is that most top 100 cafes are using this machine and with the beans supplied by the same company.

Comment

In talking to plenty of people over the last few years maybe a good LM Linea might fit the budget better and give you a great workhorse?

Comment

Yes the Linea is was my second option. Third option is get it free through a coffee company . Only problem is, Ill be stuck with their beans

Very hard to decide on such a big investment.

Comment

Depending on how your immediate budget is a quick look at the bay of evil is in order and search for Linea

Definitely not a fan of contracts as there is plenty of evidense out there of them going really wrong but if you can swing the right deal without a locked in long term arrangement (ie 6 months not 3 years) then to get going and save the cash for other things then it would be worthwhile considering.

Comment

The bay of evil? that sounds risky, dont want to risk a second hand machine..

Question is which roaster will be willing to buy me a linea and also supply quality beans? hehe

Comment

This one sounds like a good one and gets a service at 9bar before turning it over and the seller will ship. Not sure what it will bring but certainly $5k+ I guess.

As to the Linea bean question try Veneziano if you are around Melbourne maybe but the best thing to look at is who is going to do the service work and where abouts are you located should play a part in your choice if you are going for a Bean/Machine combo.

Comment

Originally posted by 04232728357777460 link=1300044978/8#8 date=1300673031
                      Question is which roaster will be willing to buy me a linea and also supply quality beans? hehe
                      Ill buy one for you.  Well just put "Cuppacoffee" all over the outside of your shop, your clothes, etc. I think that should all look very nice.

We will then charge you about 20% more than we normally charge for our coffee and you will buy a minimum weekly amount.  Same goes for cups, sugar, etc.

In return, you can pay the rent for our advertisement.

Originally posted by 2C2B2F202822372720294E0 link=1300044978/7#7 date=1300672376
                      quick look at the bay of evil is in order and search for Linea
                      If you know these machines at all, then you will also know that there have been some radical, though not necessarily obvious, changes to the way the groups are attached...and for good reason. A 2002 model like the one for sale may not be the bargain it seems - youd be wise to inspect first.

Comment

If one of Synessos models arent fitting the budget, then you certainly couldnt wrong with the LM range. Whether it be the Linea or FB70.

Personally I think Synesso has done a fantastic job with them, they have a core temperature stability thats hard to beat. You can be steaming for up to an hour and hardly lose pressure when you really push it, and its durability is second to none.

However they are a touch sensitive to water quality and scale can build up around the group head and weld seals of the boilers. But thats serious damage, and can only occur after years of continuous commercial usage. Certainly nothing I havent seen other machines suffer from.

As Mischa pointed out earlier, the only disadvantage is "price" to some, but honestly they arent all that expensive these days? In some cases with a couple extra grand investment in your machine choice, you can put one of these on the bench over say a lesser choice. Taking in to consideration the track history of the durability of Synesso machines, I imagine it to be a long term investment.

But putting the horn-tooting aside, a well cared for Linea is a fantastic machine! If I had a Linea-PIDd on the bench instead of a Synesso, Id be just as happy and I do believe they run for a helluva lot less.

Also dont the Cyncras go for a tad less than the Sabre as well? Volumetrics is all well and good, but if you and your staff know what youre doing, why bother.

Comment

A Synesso will cost a lot more than a La Marzocco - both in intitial outlay and maintenance.

The Synessos are a LOT more difficult to access parts like jets (which do need cleaning despite being rubies in both the Synesso and LM) and solenoids.

Comment

How often do the ruby jets/solenoids need to be replaced?

Comment

Originally posted by 7E434E5F584D5E2C0 link=1300044978/13#13 date=1301305419
                              How often do the ruby jets/solenoids need to be replaced?
                              Jets shouldnt need to be replaced, though cleaned about every 6 months. Solenoids when they fail.

Comment

Working...
                              X