Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maintenance manual for M29 Select?

Hi,
    Would anybody happen to have a maintenance manual for the M29 Select? I have the user/installation manual and it doesnt really help with maintenance.

Thanks!

Re: Maintenance manual for M29 Select?

Originally posted by 4744574C56514447404457250 link=1303440379/0#0 date=1303440379
    Hi,
    Would anybody happen to have a maintenance manual for the M29 Select?  I have the user/installation manual and it doesnt really help with maintenance.

Thanks!
    Hi bb,

I think Attilio nailed it in a post a few days ago:
    Originally posted by 417562746F58446861616262070 link=1303025315/1#1 date=1303099913
    Re "Service Manual"

This question comes up often enough...but I am afraid that in most cases no such thing exists.

Usually, the best you will get is an owner booklet which wont tell you much, and  its a commercial application where it is assumed that people in cafes know what they should do to keep their espresso machine in good working order.

This of course is nothing more than say, off the top of my head:
    knowing how to, and how often to, "jiggle" and backflush groups with appropriate detergent;
    ditto group handles;
    clean drip trays, collector box and the under drip tray area thoroughly at regular intervals
    keep the collector box (black plastic box under the drip tray) clear of grinds so ity doesnt block and cause ovserflow of dregs on to the bench
    ditto the drain pipe
    keep steam pipes clean and clear of milk scum;
    keep the area to the side of, and above the steam pipes, scrupulously clean from splashed milk scum.
    wipe down all externmal areas of the machine often with clean (not milk soaked rags) soft cloths.
    Also clean often underneath the coffee machine ie on the bench.

Also, not to use scourers anywhere near the equipment.

If I have left something out I am sure someone else will chime in.

There are no "user serviceable" parts inside the machine (except for keeping the area under the drip tray clean), and suitably qualified servicemen only need go there when a malfunction or breakdown service is required.

That is not to mention the proper care of the adjoining coffee grinder, the other oft brought up subject of requests for "service manuals" that dont exist.

Hope that helps.

Rgdz,
    Attilio
    very first CS site sponsor

Comment

Re: Maintenance manual for M29 Select?

Thanks cjn. I was hoping there would be some sort of manual detailing how to descale and flush out the boiler. I had an incident a while ago where the pressure switch failed to operate and the pressure built up until the safety valve popped. I found a small plug of calcified deposit in the pip that feeds the pressure switch. Cleared it out and its all working fine now. Ive had the machine for a few years now and figure it is due a full birthday..

Comment

Working...
      X