Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gaggia lever groups c-70/80 model group head

so.......

anyone got a gaggia with the lever group head model C-70/80?

i am interested in understanding if it just draws from a heat exchanger or just the boiler, is there any other water connections to it or is it just heated direct from boiler (big chunk of metal heating system)

looking at a few pics on the interwebs that it just seems to draw from boiler and is just using the big chunk of metal heating system

is it pull down to make shot or pull down let go style to make shot
    what are they like ?
    can you get seals / springs / parts ?
    what size group handle fits ?

and finally are they any good ?

cheers

Re: gaggia lever groups c-70/80 model group head

Doing a quick net search looking for a price I saw many sites that sold what appear to be a full range of parts for the C-70/80. What I didnt see was any kind of a price for what these sold for new. They appear to be a commercial level machine so Ive moved this thread to the Extreme Machines forum. If their price point wasnt this high let me know and Ill drop it down a level.

Java "Search engines are your friends!" phile
    Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Looks to be the Spanish Gaggia (visacrem) lever group

-dipper fed from boiler
      -pull down, let go (spring lever)
      -Parts still available, not as easy as Gaggia Italia lever group parts
      -Never used one, so cant comment on quality, looks very similar externally to Italia gaggia lever group, but easier to re-build due to simpler internals

Comment

thanks

yeah Jp would go 3k i guess but was not sure where to stick as was looking at the ghead in general

saw a couple of part diagrams and a few threads over on HB etc.

thanks for the info Kofekitt

i have been offered some bits and pieces and was considering what might be possible with them, sadly not a machine

Comment

I have a visa crem that has groups in the gaggia gx style. If you are putting something together let me know I would love to come and have a look next time I am in Brisbane. I would love to show you a working one but mine is in pieces waiting for me to supply the necessary time, effort and love.

Comment

Working...
          X