Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cimbali Junior Project

Hi Guys,

First time poster long time reader. My Cimbali Junior project is near completions so i thought id share some pics so far.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/67567066@N03/sets/72157627556443513/

Re: Cimbali Junior Project

not sure about the white, i think its a very schmick looking machine in its naked stainless. looks like it should last you the rest of your lifetime if you continue to treat it well

Comment

Very nice!!

How did you polish up the boiler and group etc?

Comment

Yeah i though about polishing it all up but i wanted to try something a bit different. Still not finished exactly how i want it yet but on its way.

The boiler was polished with many hours of elbow grease a dremmel and i used Autosol metal polish to give it its shimmer

Comment

I think the grey/off white looks cool retro, like when you see some old cars painted in those old pale colours. With that beautifully polished boiler, you could make perspex panels and have some interior lighting!!

Cheers

Comment

i love the idea of the perspex panels. i caught a glimpse of a LM GS3 made with its sides and back in perspex. It also had a titanium boiler custom made.

Quite possibly the sweetest machine ive laid eyes on!

Comment

Can I be so cheeky as to ask what you estimate this has cost all up?

Cheers Art

Comment

Art

Id hate to think actually. Lotsa new parts and a professional paint jobs top the build up a bit. Couldnt count the labour hours!

Im actually thinking of selling to fund a lever project ive wanted to do for a long time

Comment

Nice work! I rebuilt my 1996 Junior S/1 last year, however it was in a much happier state than yours was. It looks as though you found your Junior rusting away on a farm somewhere after years of abuse as a paddock bomb!?

Congratulations on getting all those rusted fitting off without damaging the boiler. I came very close to cracking mine when trying to loosen the bottom fitting late one night!

Any idea what year yours is? It appears to be older than mine based on the knobs. It also has a different OPV to mine.

Comment

Wow, what a transformation

Comment

Im not sure year but it was one of the older models as it didnt even have a level probe for auto-fill. Ive since added that feature some new lights and wiring etc. It also before volumetrics.

I was lucky enough to have two similar machines both pretty average. The floor plan in one was completely rusted, so i switched to the other and coated the internal frame with rust proofing paint. the fitting were awful to get off and i have a permanent scar on my hand from trying to undo one of the steam valve nuts. it cut deep!

all in all a great experience and im really proud of the result

Comment

Originally posted by 2A150404190C0903090F1513600 link=1316144553/10#10 date=1317351333
                        the fitting were awful to get off and i have a permanent scar on my hand
                        Originally posted by 2A150404190C0903090F1513600 link=1316144553/10#10 date=1317351333
                        all in all a great experience and im really proud of the result
                        Whatever floats your boat I suppose.

Comment

Awesome rebuild!
                          I just acquired a La Cimbali Junior D too and have just started the process of restoring it. Nice to see a finished product, gives me some hope  ;D
                          how long did it take you to finish? Also where did you get your lights they rock, wouldnt mind buying some for my project 

My resto thread is:
                          http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1337917328

Comment

Working...
                          X