Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Expobar Control Pad - Can they be refurbished?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expobar Control Pad - Can they be refurbished?

Hi Friends,

Machine: Expobar Megacrem

Recently pulled out two faulty control pads, just wondering can these parts be refurbished or are they another throw away part?

Also, what are some causes of why these parts become faulty, The issue with the control pads that I took out was they wouldent register when clicking on them or they would activate a few seconds later.

Thanks in advance,

Re: Expobar Control Pad - Can they be refurbished?

They are high voltage control pads with volumetrics on board I think so will be expensive to replace. You might be able to source the appropriate microswitches but it will be a fiddly job.

All electronics inside a coffee machine will fail eventually. High heat and high humidity is about the worst environment imaginable for them, then add in mechanical wear and tear on a switch...

Comment

open them up and post a picture here

Comment

Please find below the internal pictures of the control pad.

I was just curious about whether there was a way to refurbish these parts, just a shame to have to throw this stuff away into landfill.

Comment

Can you isolate the switches to test them to see if they are faulty (the touch pads) or if its in the electronics? It might just be the relays (they look like relays on the pics) which you could easily replace if you are handy with a soldering iron.

You could probably check the switches by unsoldering the ribbon cable. Would be good if you have a wiring diagram.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
          X