Two Group Lever - Doesnt fit on bench :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Group Lever - Doesnt fit on bench :(

So i guess some of you saw this for sale, well i bought it, brought it home, did the plumbing and put it on the bench only to realise that it was just too big no matter where or how i put it in the kitchen

[img]http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s320x320/386036_10150392940355737_509460736_8943179_5581514 10_n.jpg
    [/img]

Does anyone know what its worth? I dont think its feasible for me to keep it Its a Gaggia Visacrem VX

Re: Two Group Lever - Doesnt fit on bench

You could remove the two front legs and re-position an inch or two back... most of the weight is in the groups and boiler which sits around the centre of the machine, so it should be safe?

I would get absolutely murdered if my wife saw that sitting in the kitchen!!!!

nice looking machine!

Comment

Maybe its a good excuse for a new Kitchen? Build a Kitchen around your espresso machine! Seriously though, did you not do the measurements first?

Comment

Great looking machine.  The bench there does not look very deep, you might struggle to fit most decent machines in that space.

Cheers

Comment

Yeah its the depth of the bench and the overhang on the front of the machine thats the killer, as well as a few other reasons combined. Oh well, at least i got to play with a commercial lever machine finally.

So anyone know its worth? if i cant figure it out, ill just advertise it for what i paid, hopefully that wasnt more than someone else is willing to pay!

Comment

Just create its own base for the footprint needed
            Similar to what you have now but with a bit of substance

KK

Comment

Originally posted by 3A2826302C490 link=1322453234/2#2 date=1322456696
              Seriously though, did you not do the measurements first?

You got your priorities all wrong man :-?

Comment

Cool machine... did it come with the original portafilters that have the same crazy in your face orange handles as the lever handles.
                I would be removing the legs as well, that might make it easier to live with.
                Out of curiosity how are you powering that beast? cause it looks like you have a 20amp plug in to a normal (10amp) power board.
                Hope it works out.

Comment

Kitchen? dude, that item deserves to be out in the front room, right where everyone can admire it! toss the TV out of the lounge and put this in its place!

Seriously, that is one beautiful bit of kit, I can see why you bought it

Id almost look into the idea of putting together a small coffee bar for it so you could use it in another room. Itd be a shame to keep such a beautiful machine out in the kitchen where its going to be a pain to keep clean (especially next to the stove)

Theyre designed to be seen from the back as well as from the front, after all

Comment

Originally posted by 6066717A60677F7D140 link=1322453234/6#6 date=1322475130
                    saoye wrote Today at 4:04pm:
                    Seriously though, did you not do the measurements first?

You got your priorities all wrong man Huh
                    Sorry, bad habit.  Comes with 5 years of marriage. 

Comment

craigo has a good point: if you draw 20A out of a 10A wall  socket it can melt behind and maybe cause a fire.

( this happened to me when the Italian Moto GP team rewired my off peak hot water system at my house at Philip Island to bypass the timer  >  . The fitting was totally melted.  I keep it as a momento, Italian Engineering at its best.  ;D )

You got your priorities all wrong man :-?[/QUOTE]
                      Originally posted by 59687B737D454D7B687E1A0 link=1322453234/7#7 date=1322476308
                      Out of curiosity how are you powering that beast? cause it looks like you have a 20amp plug in to a normal (10amp) power board. Shocked
                      Hope it works out.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words, its definitely a very striking machine.

Very perceptive of you all, yes its a 15A rated wire, but the machine only draws spot on 10A of power. I assume its a 15A lead because in europe on 220v power, it would draw more than 10A.

Originally posted by 0130232B251D15233026420 link=1322453234/7#7 date=1322476308
                        Cool machine... did it come with the original portafilters that have the same crazy in your face orange handles as the lever handles.
                        I would be removing the legs as well, that might make it easier to live with.
                        Yeah it came with the original red handled portafilters, as well as two spare complete lever groups!!! if i sell the machine, ill keep one of the groups and weld up a square stainless steel boiler and have a frankenstein lever machine

The only problem with moving it out of the kitchen is that the machine needs to be plumbed as it uses the mains pressure to overcome the pressure in the boiler when filling the boiler. So that would mean setting up a pump to provide mains pressure, a bench etc... but maybe, ill see.

Question, does anyone know if its okay to unscrew the group at the middle, without disassembling the top part??

Comment

Can you replace the rear legs with short rubber feet and sit it back on the shelf behind where your grinder is sitting? The front legs would probably need tweaking as well, but it looks like you would gain no more than about 20mm overall height so it shouldnt make a lot of difference in operating it.

Comment

Hey Mischa,
                            Originally posted by 04203A2A2128490 link=1322453234/11#11 date=1322534230
                            its okay to unscrew the group at the middle
                            See attached diagram, yes you can unscrew the large hex nut in the middle. The whole lever assembly can be with drawn, it will have the spring and piston below, you can inspect and re-grease or replace the seals. note water is going to leak fairly quickly, as there are two hole each about 1 or 2mm in dia. Of course only do this when the machine is cold.

Originally posted by 04203A2A2128490 link=1322453234/11#11 date=1322534230
                            but the machine only draws spot on 10A of power. I assume its a 15A lead because in europe on 220v power, it would draw more than 10A.
                            I dont want to tell you what to do, each to their own....but unless the element unit, has had one of its elements bridged out, reducing the load, the element will still be drawing more than 10amp. The orange power lead indicates the machine is rated to 15amps.
                            Cheers

Comment

Beautiful Machine! Building a coffee bar for it would be the best option. That way you can display it and be proud of it when guests come in.

Comment

Working...
                              X